welcome home | gary payton ii

cause he's back in the bayyyy
-

"chase! come here!" cynthia, chase's mother, yelled out, startling the curly haired girl.

"i'm coming!" she got up from the couch slowly as she scrolled through social media.

"hurry up!" her mother yelled again, making her speed walk down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"what?!" she asked once she saw her mother standing by the island.

"gary's coming home!" cynthia excitedly clapped and put her phone face up on the counter.

"huh?" chase furrowed her eyebrows as she grabbed the phone to see what her mother was talking about.

Gary Payton II has officially been traded to the Golden State Warriors.

chase couldn't help but smile as she slid the phone back onto the counter. "is that real ma?" she asked, biting her lip.

"yes it's real!" her mother yelled and did a little dance as she picked up the phone.

"call mama mo please." chase crossed her arms over her chest, trying not to get her hopes up.

"fine." cynthia quickly dialed her lifelong friend, and the godmother of her children's, number and waited for her to answer.

"hello?" monique happily answered the phone, always happy to talk to her best friend.

"mo! chase doesn't believe it. is gary really coming back?" cynthia yelled very loudly, unable to contain her excitement.

"yes! hi baby girl!" monique spoke through speaker phone as chase smiled.

"hi. can you tell him to call me?" she asked while her mother couldn't stand still because of how excited she was.

"of course sweetheart! i'll tell him right now." she politely spoke before cynthia took her off speaker phone.

chase nodded and walked into her little brother's room, who was playing a video game.

"carter." she tapped his shoulder, making him take his headset off.

"hm?" he answered as his fingers kept moving the buttons on his controller.

"your favorite person is coming back to the bay." she smiled and he immediately turned around, putting down his controller.

"who? gary?!" his face lit up once he realized who she was referring to.

"mhm." she nodded and crossed her hands over her chest, smirking.

"shut up!" he grabbed his phone and went to see if what she was saying was true.

"go ask mom." she pointed towards the kitchen, where their mother was still on the phone with monique.

"mooooom!" he got out of his gaming chair and ran into the kitchen to make sure he wasn't being pranked.

chase laughed and felt her phone vibrating in her hand. she lifted it up and immediately answered once she saw who it was.

"hey lil bit." gary spoke with a big smile on his face, despite chase not being able to see his face.

"are you really back in the bay or is this some fake media shit?" she furrowed her brows as she walked back to her room.

"believe it baby. your boy is coming home."

"it's about time! that portland air was getting to you." she sucked in a breath of air, making a 'yikes!' face.

"and what is that supposed to mean?" he chuckled as his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.