everything | donovan mitchell

for lady spida 🤍
based on everything by kehlani
this is a long one so grab some snacks! (and maybe some tissues)
-

10.21.28

the day a mcneill became a mitchell

sitting anxiously in her chair, andréa looked at herself in the mirror. she watched as her makeup artist finished her makeup and went to put her things away.

"you look beautiful." nini, one of her best friends and her maid of honor, wrapped her arms around her shoulders.

"thank you." andréa smiled and squeezed one of nini's arms.

"hair is done, makeup is done! all you've gotta do now is put on your dress!" she excitedly spoke, clapping her hands together as andréa laughed.

"i can't believe i'm getting married." she let out a breath of relief and stood up from her seat to get a better look at her makeup.

"i can. i called it the night you met." nini reminded her, proud to say that she could take partial credit for this day becoming a reality.

"yeah you did." andréa chuckled as she thought back on the night she had met her soon-to-be husband.

flashback

the pair of best friends were currently at michael rubin's infamous all white party and had noticed a certain guard had taken a liking to andréa.

"that's literally your husband." nini looked at andréa with a stern look on her face, letting her know she was being serious.

"husband is pushing it nini." she shook her head and chuckled before taking a sip of her drink.

"absolutely not. look at the way he's looking at you." she whispered as andréa tried to sneak a glance his way without making it obvious.

donovan was indeed staring at her while taking a sip of his drink, not once taking his eyes off her.

both of them had been stealing glances from one another the second andréa had walked into the party but neither of them had decided to make any moves.

"would you be mad at me if i went home with him?" the alcohol in andréa's system was now taking over and she was feeling bold.

"not at all! get your man!" nini excitedly spoke and pushed her in his direction, waiting to watch it all go down.

"and you go find yours." she turned around to her and pointed a finger at her with warning eyes.

"he's getting me another drink. now go!" she shooed her away, growing impatient with her best friend.

"alright!" andréa yelled and started walking towards the man who she had her eyes on for the majority of the night.

rui, nini's boyfriend, walked over to her and handed her her drink. "what are you up to over here?" he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"all good things! dréa's meeting the love of her life." she smiled as she saw the two of them making conversation.

"so you're playing matchmaker again?" he chuckled and looked down at her as she scrunched up her face.

"it's not matchmaker if they were literally meant to be babe." she pat his hand before turning her attention back to the lovebirds.

and from that day on, donovan and andréa had been locked in. she supported him in everything he did and he made sure to do the same.