number one | donovan mitchell

based on number by pharrell & kanye west
-

arielle heard the sound of her alarm going off and immediately groaned, turning over to turn it off.

she turned back onto her side and was met with the sight of her boyfriend, snoring lightly. she smiled and placed a kiss on his cheek before turning over to get out of bed.

walking into their walk in closet, she shuffled through the clothes before landing on a black skims dress. she was going to brunch with her mom and sisters so she didn't feed the need to really dress up.

as she bent down to pick out her shoes, she felt two muscular arms wrap around her waist and that only meant one thing; donovan was awake.

"well isn't this a sight to see?" he whistled and ran his hands up and down her sides, feeling every curve of her body.

"good morning to you too donnie." she stood up and placed the dress over her shoulder with her sandals in hand.

"a good morning indeed." he smirked and smacked her right ass cheek, making her wince in pain.

"it's too early for all that." she turned and walked towards the bathroom with his arms still wrapped around her.

"it's never too early to love on my woman." he placed a kiss on her shoulder, moving up to her neck.

"you know it's game day." she looked at him in the mirror and rubbed the soft skin of his arms.

"which means i'll get my reward tonight." he smirked and wiggled his eyebrows up and down repeatedly.

"if you win, yes." she laughed and turned her head, coming to face to face with him.

"oh baby, we're winning that game. if i gotta drop 95 points, we're winning." he assured her as she laughed harder, even though he was being dead serious.

"we shall see what happens. now if you'll excuse, i have a shower to get to." arielle moved his arms away and went to turn on the faucet, waiting for the water to warm up.

"you know, we could just shower together. saves time and water." he suggested as he leaned against the counter, staring at her backside.

"you gonna keep your hands to yourself?" she turned around and pointed a warning finger at him.

"no promises." donovan held his hands up in surrender and shrugged his shoulders as she shook her head.

—————————————————————

9:35 pm

the cleveland cavaliers beat the sacramento kings 115-102 and donovan dropped 35 points, securing the dub.

although he enjoyed hearing the praise from fans, teammates, coaches and the media, none of it compared to hearing it from his woman.

"there's the man of the game. hi papa." arielle smiled as donovan walked over to her, immediately melting into her arms.

"hey baby." he mumbled into her neck before lifting his head up to kiss her lips. she grabbed his hand and started walking towards the exit doors of the arena.

"so i'm thinking we order some chinese and—" she went on to speak, but donovan stopped walking with her, catching her attention.

"actually, i want to take you out." he spoke and ran his thumb over the back of her hand. "oh?" her eyebrows raised.

"mhm. it's been a while since we've had a date night that wasn't at home."

"well, what did you have in mind spida man?" she stepped closer to him and tilted her head to the side.