tattooed heart | jayson tatum

coincidentally not based off the ariana grande song
-

"you nervous?" jayson asked as he squeezed his fiancé's hand tightly.

"no. i've gotten tattoos before jayson." she giggled, looking at the small tattoos she had scattered along her arms and hands.

"yeah but this one? that's gonna hurt." he hissed at the thought.

"i'm a big girl i can handle it." kaia shrugged her shoulders before laying her head on his shoulder.

the two of them would be getting matching tattoos today, as well as some personal ones.

being together for four years now and being lovers of tattoos, they felt it was only fitting.

"well you know i'll be here the whole time." he reminded her as he kissed her forehead.

"i know." she smiled and wrapped an arm around his, looking down at her shoes.

"who wants to go first?" the tattoo artist asked as they slipped their gloves on.

"i'll go." jayson spoke up as they nodded.

he stood up and got situated onto the table. kaia pulled over the rolling chair and sat beside him.

"you're so handsome." she smiled, running a thumb over the skin of his cheek.

"thank you baby." he chuckled as a way to hide the fact that she made him blush.

"are you ready?" she asked as she intertwined her hand with his.

"mhm." he nodded and turned his head to see the tattoo artist prepping his skin.

the two of them would be getting the date they met tattoo on the side of their wrists in roman numerals. (reference in the mm)

the needle started to press into his skin and as an instinct, he squeezed kaia's hand.

"you good?" she looked down at him, rubbing the back of his hand with her thumb.

"yeah. just haven't felt that in a while." he sighed as he turned his head to look at her.

"i did good huh?" he glanced down at the very big and shiny engagement ring on her finger.

"yeah you did." she smiled and held her hand up, wiggling her fingers.

"now we got a wedding to plan." he let out a breath of air, still not believing that he finally popped the question.

"you gone pay for it? cause i'm expensive." she tilted her head towards him with her eyebrows raised.

"oh i know you're expensive. but whatever my baby wants, my baby gets." he spoke and kissed the back of her, making her smile.

"it still hurt?" she looked at his wrist, seeing how clean it was looking so far.

"nah i just had to get used to it first." he reached for his phone that was in her lap and she handed it to him.

"it looks nice." she started playing in his hair while she scrolled on her phone with her other hand.

after about twenty minutes, he was finished. he sat up on the table to look at the tattoo.

"i like it. you like it?" he held out his arm for kaia to inspect.

"very clean. i like it a lot." she nodded her head in approval and smiled up at him.

"good cause now it's your turn." he pat her butt before kissing her lips and going to sit down.

she laughed and laid down on her stomach, holding her arm out.

not only was she getting the same tattoo as jayson in the same spot, she was also getting a back tattoo, on her spine to be exact.

having many tattoos on and around her wrist, she was used to the pain that came with getting a tattoo there.

she didn't even flinch when she felt the needle being pushed into her skin.

"damn you really are a pro." he spoke, seeing that she was finished and didn't flinch, wince, or cry once.

"i told you i was a big girl." she smiled and dusted off her shoulder cockily.

"i'm ready to see how you're gonna react to this back tattoo though." he rubbed his hands together as she laughed.

she went to lift up her hoodie, and shirt under it, so that the artist could have access to the skin of her back.

"ouuu." kaia hissed as she felt the tingling sensation from the needle.

"i told you." jayson teased with a smile on his face.

"shut up." she glared at him once she noticed he was recording her.

"and you have a long way to go." he sighed, seeing only top leaf done.

"we can take breaks when you need. people tend to need them." the artist spoke with a smile on their face.

"thank you but i'll be good." she turned her head to smile at them before turning back to look at jayson.

"stop acting all tough girl. you know that shit hurt." he snickered, seeing her face start to turn red when the needle started to move deeper into her skin.

"i said i'm good." she pointed at him in a warning manner.

once she got past the middle of her back, she felt fine. however, she started to get sleepy and ended up falling asleep.

"this girl done fell asleep while getting a back tattoo. she's truly one of one." jayson shook his head in disbelief.

kaia started to wake up when she felt the needle going to her lower back.

"hey sleeping beauty." he greeted her with a smile.

"what time is it?" she sniffled and rubbed her eyes, still adjusting to her current surroundings.

"eight forty-five." he checked the time on his phone.

"it's been an hour?" her eyebrows raised in shock, not realizing how long she slept for.

"mhm. but you're almost done."

"i can't believe i fell asleep." she ran a hand through her hair as she yawned.

"you sleep good?" he chuckled, seeing some lines on her face, indicating that she slept very good.

"mhm." she nodded, giggling slightly.

after about ten more minutes, she was finished. "you're all done." the artist politely said as they took moved the tattoo gun and ink.

"how does it look?" kaia looked up at jayson and wanted his approval, since she couldn't see it.

jayson stood up and stood behind her, looking at the tattoo. "it looks really good." he ran a hand down his bread as his eyes followed the tattoo.

"yeah?" she looked back at him with a hopeful smile on her face.

"mhm. imma have fun with this." he smirked and thought about the great view he'd be getting of it in the bedroom.

"oh shut up!" she exclaimed, already knowing where his head was at.

she got off the table and went to look at it in the mirror. "it's so pretty." she blushed at how good it looked. (picture in the mm)

the two of them paid for their tattoos before going to get takeout.

"i just realized how hard it's gonna be to clean this." kaia huffed as she took a bite of her hibachi.

"i gotchu baby don't worry." jayson assured her before taking a sip of his drink.

"thank you." she looked over at him as she laid her legs over his lap.

"i love you. so much." he kissed all over her face as she laughed.

"i love you too bubba." she smiled and kissed his lips softly.

-
y'all love this man...real bad

anywho, i hope you guys liked this one!

also, i will be going in and tweaking, maybe even deleting, some of these imagines so if you get a notification that i updated an old imagine or something like that, just carry on about you day 🤗