2 you | jalen green

based off the mariah the scientist song
-

theshaderoom: Oop! Looks like #JalenGreen has a new boo! He was recently seen with a mystery woman despite being in a relationship with #NovaHarris! What do you think #Roomies? (SWIPE)

———————————————————————

"i just think it'd be good for you to go out! you haven't left the house since..." chloe trailed off, staring at her best friend, who laying in bed.

"i don't want to see people chloe." nova groaned and hid under the covers on her bed.

it had been almost a year since nova had found out that her boyfriend of three years was cheating on her.

ever since she saw that post, she rarely showed her face in public. she'd only leave her apartment when she actually needed to.

"okay but this life you're living is not healthy girl. you can't doordash forever." she spoke, referring to the disheveled state of her bedroom.

"says who?" she popped her head out of the covers, a little offended at her words.

"says me! your best friend who will always love you and have your best interest at heart!" chloe smiled in a persuasive manner.

"that's debatable."

"nova janaé harris. what if i die tomorrow? are you gonna leave the house to come to my funeral?" she put a hand on her hip.

"chloe you're being dramatic." she shook her head, laughing.

"just come to this party tonight! i will be by your side the entire time and we can leave as soon as you get uncomfortable."

nova sighed and started to weigh out her options in her head.

she was not in the mood to deal with humans but it wouldn't kill her to get outside of her one bedroom apartment.

she really didn't want to go but chloe had been there for her throughout this entire situation; the least she could do was go to one party.

"fine i'll go." she sighed dramatically as chloe cheered.

"yes! you're so gonna thank me later!" she jumped on her bed and hugged her tightly.

"i hope so." nova groaned and pushed her off.

"i'll come get you in an hour."

"you're lucky i love you." she warned as she watched chloe run out of her bedroom.

"oh i know. love you bye!" she yelled and left her apartment.

nova threw off the covers and got out of bed, walking to her closet to find something to wear.

considering she hadn't been to a party in eleven months, she had no idea where to even start.

after ransacking her closet, she had decided upon a graphic t-shirt, which would be tied in the back, black cargo pants and black and white high top jordan 1s.

and since she hadn't left the house, she'd also neglected her hygiene routine. she got in the shower and did the whole nine yards; exfoliating, shaving, hair care, etc.

after lotioning her body down, she moved onto her hair. she straightened it and did very light makeup.

chloe drove back to her apartment and knocked on the door.

"i see you've gotten yourself together." she smiled as nova opened the door in her robe.

"almost."

"i'll wait then." chloe shrugged and sat down on her couch.