say yes | jordan poole

everyone's favorite light skin
this one is long so grab your snacks!
-

'anniversary' by tony! toni! toné! rang throughout the house as iris slowly opened her eyes.

jordan was flipping a pancake when his girlfriend walked into the kitchen, still waking up.

"good morning." he turned around once he heard the sound of her house shoes against their hardwood floors.

"morning." she mumbled, rubbing her eye as she walked over to him.

"happy anniversary." he smiled and wrapped his arm around her waist, leaning down to kiss her forehead.

"happy anniversary." she sleepily smiled and laid her head on his shoulder.

"how many years has it been?" he laid his head on top of hers as he turned off the stove with his free hand.

"four." iris sighed, wrapping her arms around his torso.

"you still love me?" jordan asked, plating the pancakes he had just made with the rest of the food.

"ehhh." she waved her hand as he furrowed his brows and looked down at her.

"iris." he stared at her with a serious look on his face.

"i'm just playing. of course i still love your big headed ass." she scrunched up her face and poked the side of his head before walking around their island to sit down.

"my head is not that fucking big." he chuckled and handed her the bottle of syrup.

"that's what you think." she winked before opening the bottle and pouring some on her pancakes.

"hold on." jordan spoke and walked into their bedroom, going into the closet to grab one of the gifts he had gotten her.

"jordan..." iris pouted at the sight of a box of pink and white roses in the same of heart being put in her hands.

"gone head and smile so i can take your picture." he pulled his phone out of the pocket of his grey sweatpants.

she held up the floral arrangement and smiled as jordan took her picture. "you're so cute." he looked at the picture with a smile on his face.

"thank you. these are really pretty." she sniffed the flowers before carefully placing them on the counter.

"there's more where that came from." he put his phone down and walked around the counter to stand next to her.

"oh really?" she raised her eyebrows as she took a bite of her bacon.

"mhm. after you eat and get ready for the day, you're going to get your nails and toes done." he explained and she leaned back in shock.

"both? oh wow."

"not only that, but you'll also be getting a full body massage." he held up a finger with his eyebrows raised.

"oh you really love me huh?" she smirked at him and elbowed his side, making him snicker.

"i do. real bad." he smiled and pecked her lips, making her smile.

"anything else i should be looking forward to today?" iris got up to get a glass of water as he sat down.

"hmm...nope." he shrugged, but the look on his face said he had a lot more planned.

"okay poole." she glared at him and sat back down, eating her food.

——————————————————————