4 me | dejounte murray

based on 4 me by don toliver and kali uchis
-

solana and dejounte had been together for almost four years now and dj was finally taking that next step in their relationship; he was proposing.

the two of them were on vacation in barbados and dejounte had the whole day planned out. they started off their day with a very intimate breakfast, which consisted of great food, great conversation, and lots of kisses.

the two of them then went out on a boat tour and got to see some turtles and other sea animals, which solana enjoyed a lot.

they also went and took a pottery class, and with dejounte being good with his hands, he was a pro in no time.

after eating lunch, they went back to their airbnb to take a much needed nap. waking up, solana sat up and stretched before going to use the bathroom.

dejounte was outside, laying down on one of the pool chairs. "what are you doing out here?" she rubbed her eye as she walked outside and laid down next to him.

"i was waiting on you to wake up sleeping beauty." he smiled and kissed her forehead, wrapping an arm around her waist.

"well i'm up now. what time is it?" she yawned and laid her head on his shoulder. "4:30." he answered as he checked his phone.

"don't we have a dinner to get to soon?" she squinted due to the sun being in her eyes and looked up at him.

"at 6."

"what do i need to wear?" she snuggled into his chest and wrapped her arms around his bare torso, taking in the scent of his creed cologne.

"don't wear any of them heels you brought."

"what? why?" solana questioned the man. she had brought a wide range of shoes for this trip, but a majority of them were heels.

"cause you're gonna break a ankle if you wear them where we going." he shook his head and snickered, making her eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"are we going into the woods or something? what you mean break a ankle?" she leaned back a little, now scared of what was going to happen.

"i can't tell you where we going but just don't wear heels. or do, and leave with a broken neck." he shrugged and laughed, putting his phone down.

"alright...anything else i should know?" she questioned and planned out a whole new outfit in her head since heels were no longer an option.

"nah." he shook his head and stared at her as she looked out at the pool in front of them, deep in thought.

"see now you got me nervous dj." she sighed and looked up at him with anxious eyes.

"ain't nothing to be nervous about girl. you trust me?" he held up his pinky as she smiled.

"yeah." she nodded and interlocked her pinky with his before kissing her thumb and pressing it against his.

"okay then. now gon 'head and pick out your outfit so i'm not waiting on you later." solana tended to take a long time getting ready, in dejounte's eyes.

but solana had gotten better with her time management, or at least she thought.

"first of all, i've been getting better! and second of all, it takes time to look good dj." she gestured towards her body, making him snicker.

"you lucky you fine as hell cause i don't got time to be waiting in your ass." he sighed and pulled her onto his lap.

"you say this every time and yet...you still wait on me papa." she smiled and placed her hands on his chest.