4ever | jalen green

heavily inspired by my pookie NINIIVERSE
(go read her imagines book or else 😈)
-

"are you choosing my color this time?" naomi asked as she looked down at nails, which needed to get done.

"you want me to?" jalen looked over at her, getting a sip of water from his water bottle.

"yeah." she nodded, looking up at him with a smile.

"you know i'm gonna say red right?" he smirked as she giggled.

"red is nice. i haven't had it in a while." she shrugged and grabbed her purse.

jalen nodded and grabbed his keys before walking out of his front door with naomi right behind him.

"call me when you get done okay?" he spoke once they arrived at the nail salon.

"i will. i love you." she leaned over the center console and pecked his lips before getting out of the car.

"i love you too." he waved and waited until she got inside to pull off.

he let out a breath he didn't know he was holding and made his way to the toyota center.

today was the day that jalen was going to finally propose to naomi. after being together for four years, he felt it was time to let her know he wanted to be with her forever.

he felt it was only right to propose at the toyota center since it is the place where they first met and created so many memories together.

"you think she'll be able to see the team and her family from down here?" jalen pointed to the suite his teammates and naomi, and a few of his own, family members would be watching the whole thing.

"no. and even if she could, i'm sure her eyes will only be on you." the male security guard chuckled.

"okay. thank you." he shook his hand with a smile on his face.

"of course!" he smiled and pat him on the back.

once he finished there, he made his way to a nearby flower shop to buy a bouquet of pink and white roses, naomi's two favorite colors.

he already had the ring, he'd been hiding it for some months now, it was just a matter of him actually popping the question.

after picking her up some food, he arrived back at the nail salon. lucky for him, she was sitting at the drying table, waiting for her white toes to dry.

"hey." she smiled as she saw him walking in and towards her.

"i told you to call me when you got done." he handed her the bag of food and her drink.

"well technically i'm not done...my toes are still drying." she gestured towards her feet, wiggling her toes.

"okay nomi." he chuckled and shook his head before going to pay for her nails and toes.

"so, i'm taking you out at seven." he sat down next to her, placing his elbow on the table and leaning his head onto his hand.

"are you now?" she raised a brow as she took a bite of her nugget.

"mhm. and i'd appreciate it if you were ready by six thirty." he stuck his hand in the bag and grabbed a fry.

"now jalen...you can't rush beauty." she tilted her head towards him with a brow raised.

"yeah well i'm gonna need you to tonight." he laughed as she smiled.

"i'll try my best. but no promises." she sighed and got up from her chair with jalen following behind her as she walked to the car.