for life | matisse thybulle

request for @lupedoesit 🤍
-

lupe and matisse have been best friends since they were in diapers and have been inseparable ever since.

they began dating their junior year of high school and with the both of them being basketball players, they never missed each other's games.

not only did matisse love her, but so did his family. chloe, his sister, was also very close with lupe.

greg and elizabeth, his dad and mom, loved her. when elizabeth died, lupe was always there for the thybulle family.

it was now draft night and lupe was getting ready.

"knock knock." chloe peaked her head through lupe's hotel door. "hey." lupe smiled, turning and hugging her.

"you look so pretty." she smiled, looking at her.

"thank you. so do you!" lupe laughed, looking at herself in the mirror.

"i'm not even getting drafted and i'm nervous." chloe laughed. "i know! i'm just excited for him ya know." lupe smiled.

"yeah. and thank you for always being there for us, especially matisse." she hugged her tightly.

"you guys are my second family. i'm not going anywhere." she smiled, tearing up.

"ugh i love you." chloe wiped her tears, pulling away. "i love you too. now, shall we go?" lupe linked arms with chloe and grabbed her purse.

"we shall." chloe smirked, opening the door.

they walked into the hallway, seeing matisse waiting for them.

"well don't you two just look gorgeous?" he smiled, kissing their hands. "you don't look too bad yourself." lupe smiled, looking him up and down.

"don't flirt in front of me. i'm gonna find dad." chloe ran off, making them laugh.

"can i see the inside of the suit?" she asked, excitedly.

"yeah." he smiled, unbuttoning the blazer and showing her the embroidery.

"wow." she smiled, running her finger over the wording. "ya like it?" he asked, looking at her.

"everything happens for a reason. it's beautiful baby." it was a quote that elizabeth had said.

lupe wiped her tears, again, and hugged him tightly.

"don't cry baby. you're gonna ruin your makeup." matisse wiped her face and kissed her forehead.

"hey we have to go in 5." a woman warned. "i have to go by myself?" he asked, turning to her.

she nodded, quickly walking off. "i wanted to go with you guys." he pouted, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"it's fine. go be great okay?" she smiled, wrapping her arms around his neck. he nodded, smiling.

matisse went off with the rest of the rookies.

they made it to the draft and got seated at the table. they waited for matisse's named to be called and when they did, they couldn't have been happier.

"with the 20th pick in 2019 nba draft, the boston celtics select matisse thybulle from the university of washington." matisse stood up as everyone cheered.

"i'm so proud of you." lupe smiled, hugging him.

she watched him walk across the stage, admiring him.

he waved to her as he walked towards an interviewer, making her wave back.

greg walked over to her and smiled.

"hey i just wanted to say thank you for being here." he hugged her tightly.

"of course. i love you guys." she smiled.

after press and such, they went back to the hotel. "hey." matisse knocked on lupe's door, peaking in.

"hey." she smiled, turning off the bathroom light. he laid down on her bed, her joining.

"can i sleep with you tonight?" he pouted, hugging her waist. "yes." she laughed.

"tomorrow, after press and all that stuff, i'm taking you out." he winked. "okay thybulle." she smiled. they cuddled and slept.

——————————————————————

matisse took lupe to a very fancy rooftop dinner.

"if i knew you were taking me here, i would've dressed more fancy." she laughed, looking down at her t-shirt and dress pants.

"hush. you look beautiful." he smiled, grabbing her hand. "thank you." she blushed, looking down.

the waiter had brought out a bouquet of flowers for her. "are these for me?" she smirked, taking the flowers.

"yes. this too." he stood up, grabbing her hand. hesitantly, she grabbed his hand and stood up as well.

"lupe, you have been there for me since birth, literally. i don't know what i would do without you." he smiled.

"my family and i are so grateful for you. i love you so much and want you in my life forever so-" he got down on one knee.

lupe gasped, tearing up. "will you marry me?" she nodded quickly, holding out her hand.

matisse put the ring on her finger, smiling.

"i can't believe you!" lupe smacked his chest, playfully. "i'm glad you said yes." he kissed her forehead.

"me too. i love you." she hugged him. "i love you more." he kissed her passionately.

-