𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 4 "𝚆𝚑𝚘 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚝"

Mariella stared at the door that lead to the dining room

She knew her brothers were on the other side waiting for Elios and her.

"I cant believe you brought her back..I thought you could care less if she was dead."

"Elios.."

"Why did you bring her back, did you realize how badly you fucked up?"

"Elios we're just trying to make it up to her."

"Emilio don't you think it's 8 years too late to do that. "

Mariella flinched when she heard a slam against the table.

"Enough Elios."

"..."

Mariella backed away slowly ready to go back to her room. She didn't have the confidence to dine with the people that made her like this.

Two hands hold Mariella's shoulders gently making her stand in place.

"Where do you think you're going Bambola..?"

Mariella looked up to see Eros standing behind her with a sly smirk on his face.

Mariella pushed his hands way as she clicked her tongue.

"Fuck off."

Eros rolled his eyes and pushed the door open revealing the dining room that all her brothers including her father sat.

She grumbled as she made her way and took a seat next to Elios.

Eros sit on the other side of Mariella with a smirk on his face.

Mariella stared down into her empty plate, spacing out.

Hendrix cleared his throat awkwardly.

"So, Mariella how have you been over the past 3 years?"

Mariella looked at him with a deadpanned face and then rest her cheek against her hand.

Lucien chuckles at the response.

Emilio sighs. "I know you're upset after all that happened..it's been a rough couple of years but-"

"What are you getting at Emilio?" Mariella cut Emilio off. Her voice was empty and monotonous.

"W-we want to make it up to you..to give us another chance to do better.."

"And when did you realize that you needed to better?"

"..I-"

"It took you 4 years to mourn for the her..4 years of being stuck in my room because everyone looked at me like I'm the murderer.."

'you are the murderer.'

"T-they looked at me like it was my fault.."

'it is your fault.' it whispers with amusement.

"So tell me..when did you realize that you needed to be better.."

The whole table was silent.

"Tsk, if you wanted to make it up to me you should've left me where I was-"

"Enough Mariella."

Hendrix narrowed his eyes at his daughter. "I'm very aware that we hurt you alot. But we're your family. We don't want to have any bad blood with you preziosa.."

That nickname that Hendrix called her use to make her feel special. Like she was the most important person in the world.

Not anymore. All it did was brought pain.