𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 49 "𝙻𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝙱𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑"

"Oh, my darling Clementine, you are lost and gone forever, Dreadful sorrow Clemintine~..hmm~"

The beautiful strawberry woman brushed her daughter's hair gently and carefully like she was taking care of a porcelain doll.

"Mama..?"

"Yes Mariposa?"

"Alejandro lost the dolly you gave me, you're not mad at me are you?" The little girl looked up at her mother with teary eyes.

"Of course not love.. It's not your fault, it's your brother's fault."

"O-oh.. Well it's ok, he apologized so I'm not mad anymore.." she smiled brightly at her mother after wiping her tears away.

"You forgave him?" The woman frowned disappointed at that.

"Yes, papa said it's the right thing to do and holding grudges is not nice!"

"..."

"Mama..?" The little girl frowned up at her mother puzzled.

"Oh farfalla.. your papa is wrong, you know?"

"Huh..?"

"You should never forgive anyone.." She said in a soft tone brushing her hair with affection and care.

"Why not..?" The little girl poured slightly confused.

"Because

"Well because people are horrible, they lie, they cheat, they even kill.."

"Kill..?"

"Yes love, every human being has bad intentions, no matter how good that person seems.."

"..." The little girl remained silent feeling uneasy.

"But what if they genuinely care for you..?" She asked looking into the mirror making eye contact with her mother.

"There's no such thing. They'd genuinely care for you for their own benefit. Every thing a person does is for their own benefit." The mother said leaning close to the little girl's ear.

"One day, they'll stop loving you and they'll hurt you.. because you won't have any use to them anymore, you'd be unworthy.."

"..."

"The best part is, whenever they hurt you they always say 'sorry' and apologize, after every mistake..like a tradition, maybe it's to warn them that they'd make another mistake? Who knows. Humans are weird.." The woman sighed with a calm smile on her face.

She was content with herself teaching the little girl a lesson.

"W-what if I want to forgive them? Even when they hurt me?"

"..." The woman unconsciously gripped onto her hair hard causing the little girl to wince in pain.

"If you want to forgive them, even when they hurt you so badly.."