Jungkook

The way she walks, the way she talks, the way she toys with Kim has me more interested than I should be about her, but I can tell one thing, she can't be controlled.

The stories about her are well known, the Russian assassin who took out Salvatore Carosso, a key player in the Mexican Cartel.

If I saw her on the street, I wouldn't look at her twice. And that, I realize, is why she's so good. On the outside, she looks like a pretty little thing full of empty threats but one look in her eyes has me weighing her very differently, because there's nothing there. No emotion, no doubt, no conscience.

She approaches Kim's desk, and I watch the muscle in his jaw twitch at her thinly veiled threat, and yet, he says nothing. He does nothing. She has the underboss of the Italian mob biting his tongue like a whipped dog.

The corner of my lip twitches as I try not to smile. He's scared of her. His eyes dart to me, as though I'll save him. I won't. He's a means to an end, but I have fuck all loyalty to him beyond what he can do for me. It's her I need.

She hops up on the edge of his desk, facing me and crosses one leg over the other. She braces her hands behind her, stretching her lean body out and thrusting her chest forward. My eyes trace the length of her body. Dark hair falls down her back.

Yeah, I can see why she's so good, because if I didn't know who she was, I'd be all too willing to sink my dick in her. She's like killer Barbie. She's perfect.

"Fine. You want to talk in front of him, do, but." She swings her gaze towards me, narrowing her eyes at me. "Betray me, and I will find you."

There are two types of people in this world, those who threaten and those who promise. I always appreciate people who make promises. Her eyes lock with mine, and I stare back at her wordlessly. Little does she know that to speak of this situation would damage me a lot more than it would her. She'll find that out soon enough though.

"Okay." Kim huffs impatiently. "This is your mark." He hands her a file and she opens it, skimming over the page before closing it and discarding it on the desk beside her.

"Three." She says simply.

The underboss narrows his eyes. "Three million dollars? He's a capo."

She tilts her head back and then rolls her neck to the side, looking at him with a bored expression on her face. "He is not just a capo. He's Cha Eunwoo. I need time to get close to him, and time is money."

Cha. Fucking. Eunwoo.

He's an idiot with his dick in his hand. She'd only have to look at him and he'd blindly follow her to a slit throat.

Kim grins like a shark and picks up the half-smoked cigar from the ashtray on his desk. He takes a lighter from his pocket and flips the top, allowing the flame to kiss the blackened end of the cigar. He puffs on it a couple of times and exhales a heavy cloud of smoke. "Getting close won't be a problem. That's what Jungkook's here is for." He jerks the cigar towards me and ash falls on the desk, scattering across the wood. Jennie's eyes lock with mine, focused, studying.

"Eunwoo is throwing an engagement party in two weeks' time and you will be his date." The underboss adds.

She knows just as well as I do that security that night will be even tighter than normal. She might get in, but she sure as shit won't be getting out. It's a suicide mission. And a test. Kim thinks that our interests are one and the same. that this is a simple takeover. It's not, but for now, I need him on my side. More importantly, I needed him to put me in contact with the best hitman money can buy...or hitwoman.