70

Jennie

I wake up and take a moment to realize where I am.

Jungkook's bed.

Sleeping next to him almost seemed like a dream to me.

The first whispers of morning light trickle through the darkness, painting the room in tones of gray. I glance over at Jungkook, his dark lashes casting shadows over his cheekbones. His face is something I thought I had committed to memory, and five months isn't that long, but I had started to forget just how beautiful he is. A stray lock of dark hair falls over his forehead and it makes him look a little unruly.

I hear the slightest noise from somewhere in the house and I turn away from Jungkook, silently climbing out of bed, I grab my robe and put it on before I leave the room.

I go to the nursery and open the door, going to Luca

He's wide awake, his little legs thrashing around as he stares up at me with eyes the exact as my own

He's wide awake, his little legs thrashing around as he stares up at me with eyes the exact as my own. His head is covered in dark hair.

Smiling, I lean down and scoop him up, bringing his tiny body against mine. It's as though every frayed nerve, every broken facet of me all comes together, healing under his innocent touch.

He makes me feel whole.

He gives me purpose.

I kiss his soft hair, inhaling the scent of him, a smell that is unlike anything else in this world.

I take him downstairs with me and hold him while I make coffee. George lingers around my feet, wagging his tail excitedly. I open the fridge and stare at bottles of formula. There's some kind of machine sitting on the kitchen side. I have no idea what to do.

I wave of sadness hits me because I've missed all this.

I don't even know how to care for him.

Luca makes this noise and then he's crying, well, more like wailing.

"Shh, it's okay." I say to him softly.

I'm frantically glancing around for something that might make him stop when Jungkook appears in the doorway, his arms folded over his bare chest and a small smirk on his lips.