34

Jungkook

Rage.

It's my constant companion, driving me to the edge of sanity with each passing day. And Jennie Ivanov is the fucking cause.

I know she can look after herself and she sure as shit doesn't need my protection, but the price on her head is high. High enough to even the odds against her dramatically.

I'm out of the loop because Taehyung has decided that she's a traitor.

He knows I was working with her, though, of course, he can't possibly prove it. I just have to bide my time where he's concerned. If I know anything about Jennie- the more he backs her into a corner, the worse he's making it for himself. It seems he's forgotten who he's dealing with, and if she doesn't remind him of it, then Nicholai Ivanov damn well will. The crazy Russian won't take it well when he hears his favorite pet is being hunted like a dog.

Nothing is playing out the way I planned. Not at all. Because I never factored in the possibility of giving a shit about Jennie. She was supposed to be by pawn and instead, she became my queen.

My vicious little queen...

Until she ran from me.

Since the very first time I saw her, I've wanted her, craved her even, but this is different. What is that saying? You don't know what you have until it's gone? Well, I couldn't possibly have predicted just how much she had gotten under my skin until she left.

I should let her go.

She's a weakness I don't need.

Not to mention the amount of heat that's on her, but every time I think about walking away, about the possibility of her being killed, or worse, surviving, moving on, kissing someone else- I can't.

She can't.

She's fucking mine and no one else touches her but me.

"Jungkook."

I turn from my spot at the window and face Yoongi who's standing in the doorway to my temporary office in the London apartment.

"Have you found her?" I ask.

Jungkook's outfit ^

Frowning, he folds his arms over his chest. "Not exactly."

-

It looks like something out of a horror film.

Five bodies and what looks like the blood of ten. The carpets. The walls. The couch...everything is crimson. I move through the apartment, my eyes skimming over the few possessions Jennie left behind.

There's nothing personal, nothing that would give her away as ever having been here except the blood bath in the living room.

The en suite bathroom has a couple of bottles of shampoo, a razor...I pick up the shampoo and open the lid, inhaling. Vanilla. The smell instantly reminds me of her, though it's missing the lacing of gun oil that always seems to cling to her.