46

Jungkook

I watch as her face goes completely blank and the card slips from her fingers to the floor.

I narrow my eyes and wait for her to say something, but instead she just turns and walks out of the room.

"Jennie?" I go after her.

When I round the doorway I see her walking down the hall, her hand reaching for the gun in the back of her jeans. Where the fuck did she get a gun from?

She gets to the front door, and my men scramble to stop her, but there's something about the way she's moving, like a predator on the hunt, that has me lifting my hand and waving them away. I can't afford to lose good men to her temper.

"Boss?" Yoongi asks from behind me.

"I've got this. Try and find out where that package came from. I want to know who delivered it." I say without stopping.

I follow Jennie out the front door and she stalks towards the gate just replaced this morning, after her attempted escape. Again, I wave off my guys and they open the gate, allowing her out. She never breaks stride, never so much as acknowledges them as she walks out the gate and hooks left into the woods.

"Put the entire property on lock down. No one gets within a hundred yards of the gate." I say to the guard.

"Yes, boss. Do you need help?" He asks, glancing after Jennie.

"No. Give me your gun."

He quickly places his gun in my waiting palm and I follow her into the woods. Losing sight of her for a moment, I panic, thinking that she'll run again, but then I hear a gun shot ahead of me. I take off at a sprint towards the sound of the shot and stop when I reach a small clearing in the woodland. Jennie stands in the middle, gun raised as she fires at a tree.

What the fuck is she doing?

Slowly, I approach her as she fires off round after round, emptying the clip. Her hand drops to her side and silence descends, falling over us like a blanket.

I move in front of her. She's standing as still as a statue, even her breaths are barely distinguishable. Her eyes are closed and her expression almost serene.

"Jugeum." I whisper.

Her eyes flash open and there's nothing there. She looks exactly as she did all those months ago: dead, inhuman, emotionless. She tilts her head to the side and it only adds to her animalistic quality. I've always had a healthy respect for this side of her, even as I'm attracted to it. This is the part of her that will sever a man's head without blinking, and if that isn't hot, then I don't know what is.

I reach out and stroke her cheek gently. Again, her eyes close and she leans into my touch, releasing a long breath.

I move closer to her and she surprises me by tilting her head back and pressing her lips to mine. I grasp her waist, holding her close as she strokes her tongue over my bottom lip, and that's when I feel the barrel of her gun press into my stomach.

I pull back and lock eyes with her, our faces barely an inch apart.

"Are you going to shoot me, jugeum?"

Her expression is blank again, completely indifferent.

Damn, she's good.

"He's coming." She says, her eyes going distant.

"Who's coming?"

She doesn't answer, so I grab her face, forcing her to focus on me. She presses the gun harder into my stomach.