73

Shit guys, apologies for keeping you waiting for so long, my phone was taken by my school because I was caught cheating on math exam and because we have a no phone policy 😭😭

Anywaysss,

Enjoy !

Jennie

I wait in Rafael's office, the distant sound of gunfire filling the house, but I don't know who's winning.

The simple fact is, a band of Elite are not easily taken down.

The office door flies open and I swing my gun in that direction.

Sasha frowns at me, impatience written all over his features. Blood is spattered across his neck and arms, and his black t-shirt is wet with it. "Ну давай же. {Come on.}" He huffs.

I roll my eyes and push to my feet, swinging the rifle over my shoulder.

We descend the stairs and I follow him out into the courtyard. Rafael's men that I 'shot' come to stand with us as the main gate is opened, allowing two Hummers to cruise into the courtyard. The windows are completely blacked out. Two heavy duty guns are mounted on their roofs.

Sasha stands rigid beside me. I know this is hard for him. His loyalties aren't as black and white as mine.

The passenger side door to one of the hummers opens, and I watch as a familiar frame climbs from it. Jungkook flashes me a cocky smile as he closes the door. He looks like he should be in the pages of a magazine rather than here, in a cartel compound, participating in a mafia war.

Yoongi gets out of the driver's side and Rafael climbs out of the other car, followed by Soojin. Her long, dark hair catches in the wind, and she folds her arms over her body, staying close to Rafael's side.

I lock eyes with my sister and she offers me a small smile. Apparently, I'm forgiven for cutting off her finger.

"Now that everyone's here..." Jungkook says, opening the back door of the car and dragging out Nicholai. His suit is rumpled and dirty as though he's been rolling around in the dirt. His nose is bloody.

We put this plan into play, but I always thought that he would somehow see it coming, that he would outmaneuver us the way he has done to so many others. But he was blinded by his own desperation, his own demented obsession, and in the end, it was his obsession with Luca that brought him to this point.

He broke his own rules, and instead of going after a vulnerable, helpless child from an orphanage he chose the child of two of the most feared people in the world.

Stupid.

That icy blue gaze of his meets mine before shifting to Sasha who stands beside me. "Ты. {You.}" He says to Sasha, his voice layered in accusation and disappointment. "Я дал вам обоим все. {I gave you both everything.}" He snaps.

Me, he wanted to trust, but didn't quite.

Sasha...well Sasha was the unfailingly loyal, prodigal son.

Until he watched me- the best of the Elite- fall. Until he witnessed my love for Luca. It changed him.

So, when Nicholai asked him to gather intelligence on whether my son was indeed in Rafael's possession, Nicholai never doubted it. It was too perfect.

I step in front of Sasha, knowing that this weighs more heavily on him than it does me. "You gave us nothing," I say. "You took everything."

I glance at him with a cold indifference as I walk toward him, aware all eyes are on us. I feel Jungkook's strengthening presence as he leans against the car. I circle around behind Nicholai and kick hard, sending him to his knees with a grunt. I grab his jaw and twist his face, forcing him to look at the four bodies of the fallen Elite I shot earlier.

"Do you know why you are here, Nicholai?" I growl.

He says nothing, fighting against my hold.

I grip the top of his head and hold him in such a way that threatens to snap his neck. "You are here, on your knees, because you were arrogant. You believed yourself invincible, protected by your army. Protected by your children."

I release him and step away and walk over to Sasha who hands me two knives. I throw them to the ground. They clatter to a stop just in front of Nicholai.

"Pick them up," I say, as I pace a few feet towards Jungkook and back again.

"Fucking pick them up!" I shout when he doesn't respond.

"So you can kill me and call it a fair fight?" He says.

I snort as a laughter comes from Jungkook.

"Nothing could make that a fair fight." Jungkook tells him, amusement in his tone. "You will die, undoubtedly.

"You took my child from me and then forced me to fight some of your best only days later." Anger is threatening to consume me and the urge to just shoot him in the face is strong. I squeeze my eyes shut, remembering the moment he turned his back on me, leaving me strapped to a bed while he walked away with my baby.

"So now you will fight your best, Nicholai. You will know what it is to fight for your life." I smirk.

His eyes meet mine for the briefest moment and then his jaw clenches. He grabs the knives, pushing to feet before he charges me.

I smile, standing completely still as he comes at me.

I move at the last second, catching his arm as he fires straight past. I twist his arm behind his back, breaking it. The knife slips from his grasp and I catch it, slamming it deep into his shoulder. He cries out in pain and I smile.

He spins, slashing wildly with the remaining knife, his movements nothing more than the desperate last ditch efforts of a man who knows his fate is sealed. I take several steps back before I move fast, slamming my fist into his throat. He chokes and I divulge him of his knife, imbedding it into his other shoulder. He roars in pain, and it's such a satisfying sound.

Killing has always been an easy skill for me.

I enjoy it because I'm good at it, but it's just a job. I don't make my victims suffer.

This...this isn't a job, and I want him to suffer like I've never wanted to hurt anvone before.

He sways on his feet, blood pouring from both shoulders as he glares at me. "The Bratva will hunt you, маленький голубка. {little dove.}" He says through a grimace.

I shake my head, stepping closer to him until I can smell the metallic tang of his blood scenting the air. "I don't think they will. After all, with you dead, their guns and drugs will once again run freely."

I grasp the hilts of both blades yanking them out and crossing them in front of me, lightning fast, splitting his stomach open in a cross from ribs to hip both sides. His eyes go wide and he coughs up blood, staggering for a moment. He collapses to the ground gasping and twitching like a dying fish.

I crouch down next to him. "До свидания, Николай. {Goodbye, Nicholai.}" I lift the blade in the air and drive it down through his throat, severing his spinal cord.

That final tell-tale breath leaves his lungs and I step back, staring at his lifeless body.

Lifting my face, I look around at all the people watching, all the people he hurt. Families ruined, children broken.

This was what he deserved.

This was justice.

And finally...I'm finally free.