19

Jungkook

My eyes land on Jimin's prone body the second the elevator doors open.

(His outfit ^)

(His outfit ^)

I dart across the foyer, glancing around the apartment as I do. I tuck behind the small
protruding wall that divides the foyer from the kitchen and feel around underneath the side table next to the gym door. My fingers brush over the gun that's taped to the underside, and I yank it loose. George and Zeus run up to me excitedly, and I relax. If there were someone in the apartment still then they'd let me know. It's why I have them.

Going to Jimin, I crouch down, pressing my finger to his neck. He's fine, just unconscious. A nasty red mark is blossoming across his temple and it looks like he got gun-whipped badly.

I shake his shoulder and he groans, his eyelids twitching before they finally open. "Boss?"

I sigh. "Where's Jennie?" I know, without even having to ask, exactly where she's gone, but I want to hear him say the words. I want him to tell me that he let her fucking go.

"She, uh, she knocked me out." He says, dropping his eyes away from my scrutinizing stare.

I push to my feet and turn my back on him. "Where is she?"

"I don't know."

"Fuck!" I brace my hands against the kitchen island and it's then that I notice the scrap of paper in the midde.

Picking it up, I read over the scrawled words.

Jungkook.

Don't get your panties in a twist. I've gone to do my job. Don't wait up.

Jennie.

O'Hara. She's gone after fucking O'Hara, and he knows she's coming. Shit!

"What time did she leave?"

"About eight."

It's ten thirty.

I drop my head forward. "She's gone after O'Hara. Two hours is too long and he knows she's coming. She's probably dead." I say the words calmly but I don't feel fucking calm. I feel...aggravated, to the point that I want to rip this fucking place apart.

"She might not be." Jimin says. "She...I mean." He stammers.

I twist my gaze towards him. "She what?"

He squeezes his eyes shut and takes a seat across from me, resting his head in his hands. "She has this guy, Darren."

"You need to talk really fucking fast, Jimin." I growl.

"Look, she made me take her to O'Malley's on Tuesday." He says in a rush. "This guy tried to talk to her so she gave him her number. She was going to use him as an in to get to O'Hara."