38

Jungkook

She's so fierce.

So fucking beautiful.

Her once dark brown hair is dyed in a dark purple color and I don't like it. It makes her seem so much less than what she really is: extraordinary.

And, of course, she's pregnant.

I thought nothing could shock me these days. I was wrong.

A thousand questions are still running through my mind like a goddamn marching band, and yet, I'm strangely numb, disconnected from it.

She's been locked in the basement for the last three days because I don't know what the fuck to say to her.

I'm pissed off that she ran, leaving with nothing more than a note as an explanation. She didn't trust me to protect her from Taehyung, or at least that's what I thought. Only now I find her, and she's knocked up.

It has to be mine.

Is that why she left, because she didn't want to tell me? Fuck.

And then, a whole new channel of questions starts. Round and round it goes, but always accompanied by this constant anger.

She follows me into one of the living rooms of the mansion and I go to the corner, pouring out a glass of scotch. I'm about to hand it to her when I hesitate. Pregnant. I drink the whole thing myself. I need it.

She glances around the room, still clutching both guns in her hands. She looks like she's ready to kill everyone and bolt in the blink of an eye. I'm not letting her go anywhere.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask. The question comes out sounding like an accusation.

She takes a seat and crosses her legs, leaning back against the sofa cushions. She's wearing a pink top tucked in a black skirt along with black tights, and my eyes follow the length of her legs before pausing on her stomach. "I had a right to know." I grit.

She raises an eyebrow, pressing her lips together in a thin line. "Why? So you could tell me to get rid of it? Or perhaps you'd like to play daddy of the year?" She tilts her head to the side, her eyes narrowing.

She's right.

This was never part of any plan.

What would I have said to her?

"So instead you just up and run? You thought 'Fuck it! I'm wanted by some of the most powerful people in the world, but I'll leave myself completely unprotected while fucking pregnant!'?" I don't even realize I'm shouting at her until I stop.

The silence echoes around the room, interrupted only by the sound of my own heavy breaths. The idea of Taehyung trying to kill her is bad enough, but I know Jennie can handle herself. Throw this into the situation though, and it's very different.

"I'm always protected. Do not forget who I am." She says, glaring at me.

Her defiance pisses me off. I close the space between us, leaning over and gripping the back of the couch beside her head. She lifts her chin, the corner of her lips curling. I grab her jaw with my free hand as I tip her head back. Those dark eyes of hers meet mine, and the threat of violence swirls in the air like an impending storm.

Fuck, I've missed this.

I've missed her.

After all, what is power without someone to constantly challenge it?

"I'm not the one who forgets."

Her fingers wind around my wrist, her nails biting into my skin, and it's here, with this unspoken war raging between us that I always want her the most. I want her brutality and her hate, her pain and her weakness, but most of all, I want her heart, her body, her soul. I want everything that she has to give, and I always will. Time and distance make no difference. She can't outrun me. We are perfect in a way that only two people as volatile as us can be.