PROLOGUE

"When you desire for love and acceptance, where do you go?"

The words of this man with purple eyes lingered in his mind. Those eyes that seemed so fascinating as the stars in the galaxy yet so mysterious like the secrets hidden away in the universe.

Even so, he was aware that in those eyes of cosmos is a vast and cold darkness. But for some reason, he wanted to know more about it because, could there really be a place far more darker and colder than where he is?

"All I know, child, is you can't find love in a place full of hate," the man continued. His smile seemed so gentle and warm, but he was not sure. For he was not familiar with the feeling of warmth, more so what it looked like.

Napahawak siya sa kaniyang dibdib, "D-do you know a place where I can go?" He stuttered. He didn't know why he stuttered. It was unusual for him to be like this. Maybe it was because of the man's presence, the way he could put all his jumbled feelings and emotions into words, or maybe it was because of something else that he unknowingly desperately yearns for.

Ilang sandali siya nitong tinitigan gamit ang blankong mga matang nasinagan ng palubog na araw sa himpapawid. He held out his hand to the kid, "Would you like to follow me? Let's explore and find a place."

He was about to take a step forward but his feet was blocked by the lifeless body of a man bathing in blood for a moment, but he paid no attention to it as his foot went over it, followed by the other. The sole of his shoes dripped with the liquid red as the rose.

He was so drawn to the person in front of him, like a child listening to the tune of the pied piper, "R-really?"

"But Naois..." he continued, "The path I lead leaves a trail of bright flames that can burn you to ashes. Are you willing to take that path?"

His innocent blue eyes that somewhat felt electrifying and can make a person's skin crawl stared at him innocently, "But flames are warm, right?"

Ilang sandali hindi nakaimik ang huli bago dahan-dahang tumango, "It is warm... but what I'm talking about can kill you."

Naois grinned, his bloodied hands curling into a fist, "Like a game!?"

His eyebrows slightly raised, "A game?"

The child excitedly nodded his head, "A game of life and death!"

The man couldn't help but be taken aback before letting out a short laugh, "Indeed," He agreed, "Like a game."

The boy lowered his eyes to his waiting hand. Without a second thought, he reached out with his bloodstained small hand and accepted his offer. The sun glimmered in the distance for a fate that has been sealed. The crimson liquid with an awful metallic stench staining the man's long and slender fingers but he didn't seem to be bothered by it.

Napatagilid siya ng ulo nang mas inayos at hinigpitan pa nito ang pagkakahawak sa dinuguan niyang kamay.

This man's hand feels cold, Naois thought.

But...

He looked back up to the man, his own blue eyes meeting his mysterious ultramarine ones.

It was the better kind of cold.