CHAPTER 18

This chapter contains trigger warnings, sensitive content, mature themes and strong languages that might be upsetting for some readers. (Ab*se, M*nipulation, P*dophilia) READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED!!

一一

"I am so proud to have you as my son, my little nightingale."

His mother loved to sing, and she called him her nightingale.

Konstantin Ivanov had one legal wife and official five other mistresses. Even so, all of the children born from the women inherited their father's surname: Ivanov.

Rosalina Achilleos, Naois' mother, was the 2nd mistress.

Rosalina Achilleos was a famous opera singer in Voross. That's where Konstantin met her and the two supposedly fell in love, or that's what she believed.

Even though she knew of Konstantin's background of being a womanizer, she still went out with him. She should've let him go when she had the chance. But blinded by love, she still slept with him. And that's when her fate was sealed.

Naois Ivanov was born. In between Rosalina and Konstantin, they only had one child. And because of this one child, Rosalina was able to live in the Ivanov Estate, near Konstantin but never alongside him.

After Naois was born and was confirmed to be Konstantin's child, he inherited his surname and Rosalina remained as a mere mistress with Konstantin calling for her to sleep together every other night.

Another missing information from this story that was told: Rosalina wasn't really a sane person, and although she loved Naois, the child was used to curb her boredom and gain new friends. In other words, she had a very distorted definition of the word 'love'.

And Naois was desperate for love, attention and acknowledgement from his parents at the time.

"Now, sing for us, my little nightingale."

Thus, it was only inevitable that the day would come when he'd be tired and ended up killing her.

~ * ~

When you desire for love and affection, where do you go?

"Mama!"

"Naois," a beautiful woman called out to her son in a voice with sweetness comparable to that of honey. Rosalina Achilleos, the most renowned opera singer in all of Voross, was art personified herself. She was often called the "Siren of Roses" from her name Rosalina, her face of perfect features and enchanting singing voice.

Although, sirens do have an amazing background to tell.

Her eyes brown as an oak wood bathing in sun observed her son running towards the gazebo where she's having a tea party with her friends. Her friends, all of which softly gazed upon the three-year old child.

With a bright and innocent smile on his face, Naois playfully yet carefully jumped onto his mother's skirt, looking up at her, "You called for me to play?"

A warm smile settled on her lips before glancing at her friends who were eyeing her knowingly.

"Yes, my dear," she gently patted his head. Her touch reminded him of the softness of the roses' flower petals they often bathed him with, "We will play as long as you want."

"Yey!"

~ * ~

PRESENT.

"Look, Noah. I'm sorry."