CHAPTER 5

"My father used to tell us he wanted his ashes to be turned into a diamond once he died so he could live forever," kwento ni Noah, organizing all the scattered small rectangular sized mirrors on the floor before picking up one. Tinignan niya ang sariling repleksyon sa napiling salamin, pools of electric blue looking back at him bago niya 'yon inilapag sa lamesang nasa tabi niya, "Pretty funny of him, don't you think?"

Napakibit-balikat si Lazarus bago dahan-dahang ibinaba ang tasa ng tsaa mula sa kaniyang mga labi, "You can't really laugh at a dying wish."

"But it's funny," Noah giggled as he sat on the floor with his legs crossed. He leaned backwards in the air with his hands gripping his legs to balance himself, "Who would want to be turned into a stone when they die?"

The corner of the latter's lips slighty curled upward, "...right."

"Once my father's ashes got turned into a diamond, I might just sell it in the black market," malakas na tawa ni Noah, his face dappled with different colors of light--glowing spots of blue, purple, red and orange--from the ceiling of his jet plane illuminated by different colored led lights, "I'll sell his diamond for less than a thousand, or maybe even just less than a hundred, since he wants to know his worth so bad."

Inilipat ni Noah ang mga mata sa isang makapal na plywood sa lamesa na gagamitin niya bilang base para sa isang miniature na gagawin niya. Though it may be a bit surprising, isa sa mga hobbies ni Noah, aside from committing heinous crimes, is making miniatures of different architectures and places. The largest one he made was a miniature of the whole city of Orfort, Esterton that he put on display in the Executives' hideout.

"So you received a text message last night, containing a message about your father's critical condition," pagsa-summarize ni Lazarus sa lahat ng sinabi nito.

Noah nodded, picking up a paintbrush and a small can of black paint from all of the crafting materials and tools surrounding him, "Yup."

"Then you received a message not long after about your father's decision of hosting a succession game?"

"Yup."

Lazarus silently hummed, his eyes moved down to the half-empty cup of tea in his hand.

Before Noah came to the Phoenix, he was once a part of Black Jackal, a powerful syndicate in the country of Voross and is led by Noah's biological family. With a minimalist jackal's head facing upfront as their insignia, they are pretty much well-known. Being a nationwide mafia organization, it's needless to say that they're indeed powerful and influential as they're also slowly making a name underground internationally.

Konstantin Ivanov is the current Mafia Boss and Noah's biological father that also according to him, is nearing his death. And if he's going to host a game to determine who the next successor is going to be among his children, then it certainly won't be a clean and fair fight. After all, labing-isa silang magkakapatid, kasama na si Noah. And imagine Noah being multiplied ten times more--definitely not a sight to see.

"Then why do you have to go back to Prisea and meet Zain to talk about this matter?" tanong ni Lazarus, nagtataka kung anong kinalaman ni Zain patungkol sa laro ng pamilya ni Noah.

Noah snickered knowing he's the reason why the Phoenix Mafia Executives are going back to Prisea. Him and Lazarus are currently in his private jet plane from Trouver, Yrrchester on their way to Esterton, Prisea kung nasaan ang main headquarters ng Phoenix Mafia na sa mga mata naman ng publiko ay kilala bilang Phoenix Inc., an advanced international technology company.

After receiving the text message from last night, Noah informed the other Mafia Executives na uuwi siya ng Prisea para makausap si Zain, which prompted the others to go back to the country as well for a short and quick reunion. Nagkataon namang nasa bansa ng Thealor si Lazarus na malapit lang sa bansa ng Yrrchester kung nasaan si Noah. That's when Lazarus decided to come to Noah para sabay na silang pupunta sa Prisea sakay ng private jet plane nito.