CHAPTER 25

The reason why everyone was afraid of Konstantin Ivanov was because of the fact that he's... unpredictable.

Although among his children, mostly the Safineias are the ones who are afraid of him.

Konstantin knew his children was trying to get rid of Delya Rineas-Ivanov, his legal wife, with or without evidence.

Delya, Cicero and Faustus' mother.

And like what I said, Konstantin is unpredictable.

So he got rid of her for them.

Why?

Walang nakakaalam.

But his children did not know he got rid of her for them. Only Cicero did.

But even if Konstantin got rid of her, he still punished his children for Delya dying. He punished them, except Cicero. Even Faustus, his full-blooded sibling, wasn't exempted from the punishment.

And so it was obvious to them that Cicero was his favorite.

The children thought they were being punished by their father because he knew they were allowing for Delya to be taken out.

But the truth is, Konstantin was punishing them... for fun.

Except Cicero. Because Cicero is his favorite.

Hindi niya mapigilang masuka tuwing naiisip ang katotohanang 'yon.

So he escaped. Each and every one of the Ivanov children did, not long after. But their father did not care because it just so happens that escaping from the family was normal.

And like what I said, he's unpredictable.

They thought Konstantin was going to carry on with the tradition of hosting a succession game to determine the inheritor of his lands and riches.

But what Isabella said was true. He intended for the inheritance to be divided equally among them.

And Cicero saw this as an insult.

Not just him, Isabella as well.

They knew this was Konstantin's way of making fun of them.

"You intend on killing the rest of us so you can have his inheritance and mafia all to yourself," Cicero revealed Isabella's plans right in front of her.

She grinned. As proof of what he said, she took out a gun hidden on her back, pointing it towards Ekaterina. Without looking at her frozen sister, she shot her without batting an eye, causing for her body to fall on the ground, blood oozing from her chest.

Naois' fake body remained standing still beside Matias. Cicero and Isabella who were left free and moving faced each other.

"And you don't have any interest with the inheritance," saad niya. Itinutok niya ang baril sa itaas, smoke trailed from its muzzle,"Because you're only after Naois and his bounty."

Hindi napigilang matawa ni Cicero, ang talukap ng kaniyang mga mata'y bumigat, "So we really do know each other's plans."

Cicero fears Konstantin. However, he's starting to fear someone else too. Not just one person, but two, because they reminded him of their father.

"I don't have any plans on interfering with what you want to do, Isabella. You don't have anything I need or want," a small smile played on his lips, his eyes remained down on the black carpeted floors, "So why are you pointing that at me?"

Isabella's face is calm and peaceful this time as she pointed the gun at him. Her expression reminding him of how she was before, when it seemed like she didn't care about their family quarrels and conflicts. Just an innocent child who was amazed of life while being scared from time to time.