CHAPTER 34

Clara went to the other different chambers of the Redstone Palace to look for the mysterious lady she just saw but all resulted into one thing--nothing. The chambers were all empty. There were signs of activity but she reckon it was due to the actions and activities of the other members of the expedition and research teams.

This fueled the fires of her curiousity even more.

Who was that mysterious woman? She's certain she's not hallucinating. Is she actually being haunted all along? But that 'ghost' doesn't seem like it belonged to the ancient times and history of this place. Come on now, it wore modern clothes.

This made her not believe more in the supernatural and paranormal.

Napatikhim siya, malalim na nag-iisip sa gitna ng hall ng palasyo at nakaharap sa entrance. Ang higanteng statue ng jackal at trono ay nasa kaniyang likuran.

Clara placed her right hand on her hip while the other is holding her chin, "Something's definitely wrong," she uttered to herself.

Her eyes stared on the carved floors of limestone being almost fully covered with brown sand. Some of it being blown by the wind that was coming from the open entrance and seeping through the holes and open crevices around the palace. Those grains were flying over her desert combat boots...

Her brows furrowed when she noticed something wrong.

Why is the sand beginning to fly and swirl over her boots, almost reaching her knee level when the wind coming inside isn't that strong...?

"Were you looking for me?"

She turned around in the speed of light, and there she saw the woman she was looking for sitting on the throne. Her red lips beaming wide is as mysterious and intimidating as the sunrays leaking through the crevices and cracks of the palace walls around the jackal statue.

Mabigat siyang napalunok... and like one of the rarest moments in her life, her heart dropped from her chest.

She isn't that scared easily. Ang tanging mga ala-ala niya lang na natakot siya nang ganito ay nang nakaharap niya ang Phoenix Mafia Executives at Mafia Boss nila.

But this woman... she was exuding an aura that felt like was devouring the whole palace with just her presence itself. What's even more strange is her aura reminded her of one executive specifically...

Wala sa sariling napaangat siya ng tingin sa malaking statue ng jackal na nakaupo sa likod ng trono bago muling ibinalik ang tingin sa babae.

"Hmm," the woman tilted her head to the side, observing her for a while which made her feel so uncomfortable--like she was a small specimen being observed by a scientist through a microscope as she sat there on the throne above, with her standing away below her feet.

For some reason, she's so nervous that she can't speak and it's killing her.

"Gods are really scary when they've gone mad," biglang saad nito matapos ang ilang sandaling pananahimik habang pinagmamasdan siya.

What does that mean? What is she trying to say?

This time, she was able to force herself to speak, "W-who are you?"

The short and dark-haired woman chuckled, "There are a few things you should know about this world."

The sand around her feet began to float and swirl in the air once again just like earlier.

"One of those is: trying to uncover the truth and knowledge beyond your understanding would lead to nothing but downfall for you. Human," she called to her, peering down on her like some heavenly entity, "Your kind should know your limits," she lowered her head, lips smirking, "You all should know that."