CHAPTER 36

The two of them ran away together in broad daylight. Through the back gate of her house's backyard fence, they made their way through the neighborhood.

"Why are we running so fast?" itinabingi ni Naois ang ulo dala ng pagtataka habang sinusundan ang babae papasok sa isang tagong daan sa pagitan ng mga kabahayan.

Ang dahilan lang naman kung bakit sila lumabas ng bahay nito'y para simulang hanapin ang misteryosong stalker nito. Hindi niya alintana kung bakit kailangan nilang tumakbo palayo nang ganito kabilis.

"I don't have a good feeling about the police," she answered as they made their way into an abandoned house in the streets. Wala itong bakod kaya madali lang silang nakapasok sa lumang pintuang nasa likuran nito.

Nang makapasok sila'y kaagad na sinara ni Sahara ang pintuan, peeking through the broken and open windows to see if there was anyone who followed them.

"Hello~," nagitla siya nang biglang lumitaw at nagsalita ang lalaki sa tabi niya na kanina lang ay nakatayo malayo sa kaniya.

Because of this, he couldn't help but snicker, "You're so tense."

She glared at him, "I have a reason to."

"I'm pretty sure those policemen aren't after you. Besides, didn't I promise you? I'd take care of all the matters that night at the bar and about that Tanya girl so you don't have to worry about anything," he grinned, "I'll make sure to clean all your tracks and records in the VNP, protect you and ensure that they won't ever be able to touch you. Just like what Matias did, but even better."

Ilang sandali pa siyang kunot-noong tinitigan ng babae bago ito nagpakawala ng isang malalim na buntunghininga. She walked from the backdoor where they came in to the small staircase on her left side that leads to the second floor.

Umupo siya sa ikatlong hakbang nito bago napasuklay ng buhok. Naois just stood in front of her.

"You do know that me talking about a mysterious stalker is just as weird and unrealistic as you saying you're looking for someone who came from another world," she raised her eyes at him, "Right?"

"Meh," he shrugged his shoulders, "To me, it's not weird."

Her mouth gaped slightly before letting out an uncontrollable yet mocking chuckle. Right, why is she asking him about what's weird when he is weird incarnate?

"So you really do believe me?"

"Hmm," he nodded his head, "You even said 'yes' when I drugged you yesterday--" napatikom siya ng bibig nang sinamaan siya nito ng tingin.

She sighed, messing up her hair that she just combed with her fingers earlier, "It is true that I have a mysterious stalker. But I don't even know where to start looking for her. And she comes and shows herself in unpredictable times and moments. For all I know, she could show herself right now."

The two of them remained silent. Naois observed their surroundings with pouted lips but there aren't any signs of anyone else aside from the two of them. The sunlight shining through the broken and open windows that illuminated the dusty and old interiors was their only other sign of life.

"Nope," he popped the letter 'p', "She's not here."

"This... 'thrill' for you being my payment for your service is really unfair, don't you think?"

"Is it?" he smiled, so beautifully that it caught her off guard, "I don't really think so. In fact, I think you've done me a pretty good favor."

She could see for certain that his smile right now is genuine--a very rare sight to see. She shook her head to snap out of it, "W-what do you mean, do you a pretty good favor?"