CHAPTER 28

Naois stood there, observing Isabella's dead body intently then the huge mansion beyond her. The place is dark, not even the crescent moon from the sky bothered to spare him with the faint light it is blessing the land.

Malalim siyang bumuntong-hininga. Ang lamig ng simoy ng hangin ay pumasok sa sistema niya. Napapikit siya ng mga mata nang napagaan at lamig nito ang ulo niya.

He's here, dwelling in this place for as long as he can because after everything, this was still once his home.

He had fun. Even if it was for a shortwhile, the game cured his boredom. But now, he found something even much more interesting...

That is why he'll stop with his games for now.

He raised his eyes to the skies when he spotted small lights from the distance on its way to where he is.

"The plane is back," he sighed. He combed his hair out of his face after the wind messed it up. Wearing a huge grin and his electric blue eyes sparkling, he bid his final goodbyes, "Well, y'all have been a great time killer. See you all when I see you~"

Waving his bleeding hand, he turned his back with a satisfied smile, ready to move forward in his life and leave everything behind.

Yeah, he did that shamelessly but oh, well. He isn't called a psychopath for nothing.

On to his next adventure~!

Outside the gates of the Ivanov Estate which is about a kilometer and a half away from the main mansion, Kalea waited by leaning backwards on a black sedan, cigarette in her hand. She blew wisps of smoke that became one with the cold wind which is blowing her hair as well.

Her golden eye, like a tiny sun on earth's ground in the night, stared at the skies, thinking about a lot of thoughts.

One of these thoughts is the mess she left behind at Prisea, the Damery Explosion case. Although it was already taken care of through the press conference that was held at the Phoenix Inc., it still triggered the decades-long standing worries and anxieties of the Phoenix's people.

The Damery Explosion tainted Zain's reputation as the CEO of Phoenix Inc. even though he's a great one. This served as one of his reasons to step down from being the CEO. Kahit na ganoon, with him stepping down from the position, mas malaya na siyang makakagalaw dahil ngayon ay sa Mafia na lang siya magfofocus. Mas makaka-focus rin siya sa pag-iingat at pagklaro ng reputasyon ng Phoenix Inc.

In other words, Zain would be able to focus more on doing the dirty work of the Phoenix Inc. behind the scenes through the Mafia, being its 'bad cop'.

This was one of the explanations Zain told them about why he decided to step down from being the CEO. This is to separate both the Phoenix Inc. and Phoenix Mafia from each other in terms of its leadership and most of its operations.

With Zain stepping down, this would also mean for the Mafia Executives to step down from their positions in the company as well.

Even so, Kalea can't help but feel guilty.

Isa pang inaalala niya ay ang kapatid nito... si Zion Alexeev, na papalit kay Zain bilang CEO.

Bits of ashes fell from her cigarette to the concrete. She placed the end of the stick on her mouth, inhaling a sufficient amount before gently blowing it out on the air.

Zion Alexeev was the secret of the Alexeev family. He wasn't introduced publicly. He was well-kept hidden. Noon, hanggang tsismis at sabi-sabi lang na may ikalawang anak na lalaki ang mga Alexeev. Tanging ang iilang mga importanteng tao lang sa Mafia, including the Executives, ang nakakaalam sa katotohanang mayroon pa nga silang bunsong anak.