CHAPTER 33

"The Ivanov Estate is not feared because it's the Ivanov Estate," the soft and soothing voice of Penelope Kyriaku, the sixth and the last mistress of Konstantin Ivanov, didn't match the heavy words she spoke, "It is feared because of the people living inside of it."

Rosalina Achilleos eyed the huge bump on the woman's stomach over the white cup of tea she's holding, "Have you thought of a name for the child?"

Penelope couldn't help but smile, carressing her huge baby bump that's due any day now, "Damianos... I want his name to be Damianos."

The latter folded her lips, tasting the bitter tea drink before placing the cup back onto the table, "That's a wonderful name."

Penelope's head remained lowered, but her eyes glimpsed on the woman sitting a few inches apart beside her, around the wooden table in the white, octagonal-shaped gazebo on the garden where they're currently at.

Ever since Naois, her son ran away from the Estate together with an undercover maid, Rosalina changed significantly. It has been three months and a half since Naois left, and the smiling face of his mother was no longer. Her wrinkles began to become more prominent. If she's not frowning, her lips are mostly pressed into a thin line as if she's trying to hold her temper. Only the few moments when she's smiling is when she's with Konstantin, he gave a gift to her, or something wonderful (in her definiton) happened, but then again, this was a rare occurrence.

Although Rosalina was a great opera singer, she used to be an actress as well. But she can't seem to act or hide her distaste these past few months, most especially now towards her having Konstantin's child.

Her eyes diverted back to her womb. Unlike Rosalina who wanted to be with Konstantin because she loved him, she decided to be with him due to poverty--the cruel and ruthless conditions of her life. With this child, she was able to escape her old life and live in the estate.

And so she decided to care for and love the child as much as she can.

Rosalina must be feeling envious of her right now because her only son with Konstantin left the estate, and her.

Penelope arrived at the estate when Naois already left so she haven't seen the young child yet. She only heard stories of him from his mother who talked so sweetly and wonderfully about him, saying he lived a wonderful life here but then would start to cry and become devastated because he left. Dagdag pa na birthday nitong nakaraang January 1, with him turning five.

It makes her wonder that if he really lived such a wonderful life at the estate, why did he even bother to leave?

"Here, let me pour you a cup of tea," Rosalina offered that she couldn't refuse when the woman already picked up the small, white and vintage teapot, pouring her a cup she used and already drank from. She intently observed her hands and actions, and thought there wasn't anything suspicious.

She may just actually be pouring her without ill intentions.

She nodded her head, a small smile on her face, "Thank you."

Dahan-dahan niyang dinampot ang tasa at inilapit sa kaniyang bibig, with Rosalina observing her the whole time. Inihipan niya muna ang mainit na inumin. When the rim already touched her lips and the liquid about to touch her tongue, a small rock came from out of nowhere and hit her hand holding the teacup.

"Ah!" nasasaktang sigaw niya dahil sa tulis ng bato at lakas ng tama nito sa kaniyang kamay. Ang tasa ng tsaa ay natapon at nahulog sa tabi niya dahilan para ito'y mabasag at kumalat sa kahoy na sahig ng gazebo.

Rosalina stood up in anger, turning around to see who was the perpetrator, "WHO DARE--!?"

She stopped when she saw the familiar young man standing by the entrance of the garden. He had a smile so innocent and bright it quickly washed away all the rage she's feeling, forgetting what just happened to Penelope.