CHAPTER 13

A/N: TBH... I feel like both my English and Tagalog are dying so pls bear with my grammatical errors ;w; I will edit them once I have the time ;w;

一一

Tila walang muwang na tinitigan ni Noah ang isang painting sa kaniyang harapan. The elegant strokes of red, orange and yellow that formed an image of a bird so majestic yet so deadly. Ang mga pakpak nito'y nakabukas at angat sa ere, ang mga tuktok ay kasing-talas ng isang patalim habang tagumpay na lumilipad matapos kalabanin ang isang kaawa-awang kulay asul na ibon na tinatawag na 'Blue Jay'.

The Blue Jay lied under the red bird, defeated while bathing in blood. The background is black, adding up to the mysteriousness of the painting. The red bird seeming like a sun rising in the horizon of darkness.

He eyed the title of the painting printed on a small paper attached to its golden frame.

'Everblaze vs. Blue Jay'

By Socorro Abayan

The Everblaze Bird - the cause of the Flamma Virus.

In old times of the country of Prisea, there was a bird known as the Everblaze. A glorious red bird that was seen as a good omen as its reminiscent of the bright and burning sun that provides light in the darkness and its color giving the feel of warmth during the harshest of colds.

It had razor sharp wings that sliced through the air as it flew up towards the sky, shaking the heavens and shadowing the ground. Ancient people of the country even believed that upon seeing the bird, great fortune will befall upon you. Like it was a god in disguise who gives blessings itself.

Indeed, it was an intelligent bird. However, also a fool.

It was so beautiful and powerful it became the symbol of the aristocracy in the ancient times of Prisea.

Surprisingly, the bird was quite easy to tame.

It trusted the humans--a foolish action.

Give it food and a sanctuary, show it bits of love and guidance, and it will treat your words like a sacred commandment.

On the glass covering the painting, Noah somehow saw his reflection on the bright and furious eyes of the bird.

Many years passed by of the Everblaze being abused to the point its species became endangered. Then, suddenly, a pandemic had spread caused by a virus known as the Flamma with no one knowing where it came from until after quite some time later.

"I wonder..." Noah whispered to himself, still immersed in the painting, "What does it mean to anger the gods?"

The 'Everblaze Bird vs. Blue Jay' painting was created by the artist Socorro Abayan who was a Prisean who lived during the 18th century. His masterpiece ended up being an important historical artifact that was supposed to be kept in the National Museum of Fine Arts back in Esterton, Prisea but instead, is hidden here.

Indeed, the 'Everblaze Bird vs. Blue Jay' painting was stolen from the National Museum and caused a huge ruckus in the field of arts back in the country even up to this day. At ang salarin...?

"W-who are you?"

When he averted his eyes towards the door that leads to the main art collection room that's connected to this second, small and hidden art room, he saw a man in his late 60's wearing a lavish wardrobe of a red silk bathrobe over black pajamas.

His lips formed into a small smile, "Greetings, Mr. Valentine Andino. Although I'll have to admit, this is indeed a peculiar way of greeting a person I've never met."