CHAPTER 15

"From the looks of it, all evidence points out that this is an assassination case," Detective Ivanov of the Voross Nationale Police stated as they all gathered inside the old library of the abandoned mansion na katabi lang ng mansyon ni Carsten Petrelli, ang biktima ng krimeng naganap, sapagkat masasabing sa lugar na ito isinagawa ang pamamaril sa nasabing pangalan.

"Probably with the use of a sniper," ani ng kasamahang pulis sa pagiimbestiga na tinanguan niya naman.

"We will have to further investigate the people involved," binaba niya ang tingin sa kadenang hawak na nakakalat lang kanina sa labas ng gate ng mansyon. A key was certainly used to open the chain. Though even if this points the owner of the mansion as a person of interest, the investigators also found a hole in the backyard fence along with signs of activity at the kitchen on the back of the mansion that implies illegal entry, perhaps of another person that is a POI as well.

"Could it be that suspect as well?"

The detective remained silent for a long while, knowing the suspect his fellow officer is talking about. Mayroon silang isang wanted fugitive na matagal nang hinahanap at iniimbestigahan at base sa imbestigasyon nila ngayon, the tracks and methods left are similar to that of the fugitive's--it's as if she's not even trying to hide her identity.

"We're done here," he asserted, his gloved hand carefully placing the chain in a bag carried by one of the police, "We've checked the perimeters and secured all evidence. Coordinate with the others to finish cleaning up the crime scene. I'll be heading back first."

"Sir Ivanov!"

Lahat ng naroroon ay napatigil bago napalingon sa gawi ng isa nilang kasamahan na nagmamadaling naglakad papasok sa loob ng lumang library dahil rinig ang malakas nitong boses sa buong lugar.

"Officer Stane," the detective called, "What seems to be the--"

He stopped upon seeing a newcomer enter the room along with him. The person wears a calm expression, clothed in a casual outfit of a dark blue hoodie, gray jogging pants and white sneakers. May hitsura at ang kapansin-pansin rito ay ang kulay asul nitong mga mata. Isang lalaking pamilyar na pamilyar sa kaniya...

"Naois," matigas na bulong niya sa pangalan nito.

The latter raised his hand to do a small wave, "Matias."

"Sir Ivanov?" an officer beside him prodded, looking for answers just as the rest of the people in the room about who the newcomer might be.

He sighed, "Naois Ivanov, my brother," pagpapakilala nito bago binalingan si Officer Stane na nagdala nito dito, "Why did you allow him to enter?"

"W-well," hindi nito napigilang mautal dahil ramdam niya ang biglaang pagbigat ng pakiramdam nito sa mga titig na ibinibigay pa lang, "He said he's the owner of this place."

He snapped his head back towards him, "You're the owner of this godforsaken place?"

Naois slightly pouted his lips, averting his eyes to the empty bookshelves on the west side of the room, "If you put it that way, it actually makes a lot more sense."

Kumunot ang noo niya sa pagkalito. And what does he mean by that?

Matias inserted his hand inside the right pocket of his trench coat where he kept his phone, "Come with me outside for a moment."

"Oooh-kay~"

"I'll be heading out first," pamamaalam niya muli sa mga kasamahan.

"Yes, Sir! We'll take care of the rest," was what they replied. Their eyes followed the two siblings walk out of the room with a hint of doubt in their knowing eyes.