CHAPTER 19

"It would be best for you to record and keep your interactions with your relatives in the case... that something happens."

Thalia pressed her lips into a thin line, thinking of the conversation she just had with her lawyer.

"But if something does happen to me, then my relatives still won't have any rights to my grandfather's properties, right?"

Atty. Palisades nodded, "That is correct. As long as that is what's written in your will."

"I did write in my will that I intend on giving it to my father while some will be donated to Agápi kai Frontída if something were to ever happen to me," Agápi kai Frontída is an Orphanage at Dreka City.

"And I will also make sure that your will, will be followed through."

"Then that just basically means everything is prepared when I die, right?" hindi niya napigilang itago ang nararamdamang pinaghalong lungkot at takot sa kaniyang boses.

Even if her lawyer did not say anything, she could still hear her agree in the heavy air between them.

"Of course, the investigation about the death threats are still underway," Atty. Palisades assured, "I will update you instantly if I have received any new information that we can use against your relatives in court."

It seems the law is rather ironic. It states what punishments to be given to the one who committed a crime but does not state how to actually protect someone, or stop someone before the crime is even committed. Although there are preventive measures, it doesn't seem to be always effective.

After all, what could these preventive measures even do once death itself has been served?

Malalim siyang napabuntunghininga habang naglalakad sa kalye. Kagagaling niya lang sa Athanasiou Law Firm para kausapin ang kaniyang abogado tungkol sa kaso ng ari-arian ng kaniyang lolo.

Thalia's grandfather, Castor Zafeiriou died last September 7 and he has written in his will that all of his properties and wealth were to be passed onto her because among all of her family members, she was the only one who actually cared and tended to him.

When her mother, his grandfather's daughter died, she grew up and became even closer with him. Simula nang hindi na kayang alagaan ng kaniyang lolo ang sarili ay siya ang nandiyan para alagaan siya. She was always there during the holidays and his birthdays, accompanying him so he won't be lonely while their relatives didn't even bother to greet him. She would always check up on him and ask for updates about his condition and when he needed something, she was always the one to provide it. Minsan ay kasama niya ang Ama niya pag hindi ito busy sa trabaho.

She genuinely didn't expect for anything in return. She just wanted to give back to the person who was there for her when her mother died and when his father was busy which was most of the time kung kaya't laking gulat niya na lang nang malaman na sa kaniya pala plano ipamana ng kaniyang lolo ang lahat ng mga ari-arian nito.

And this earned quite the negative reaction from her relatives to the point that one of her uncles had gone wild and went on a rampage in her grandfather's funeral by kicking his coffin. Fortunately, he was stopped in time before things got even more worse.

Noong una, they planned on negotiating with her but seeing how she's determined to not cooperate with them, her aunts and uncles started to become aggressive towards her day by day. They would invite her to 'talk' in secluded places and follow her everywhere.