CHAPTER 23

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER IS DARK AND HEAVY. I really advice for anyone who has vulnerable mental and psychological health to proceed with caution.

Contains trigger warnings, sensitive content, mature themes and strong languages that might be upsetting for some readers. READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

一一

Naois stood in the middle of the room, the mirrors surrounding him shattered as it glimmered under the pure white lights like gentle snowfall under early morning sunlight--but this snow cut his skin, making him bleed, but he did not care as his attention was on two of his siblings standing in front of him.

In which one of them wasn't supposed to be here for she was out of the game already.

"Ekaterina! Isabella," he called to the women, his glowing bright blue eyes landed upon the weapon Ekaterina was holding, thin smoke trailed from its muzzle, "And a machine gun! My most favorite sibling!" he laughed.

Isabella's brows furrowed, eyeing the two unconscious body lying in his feet, "What happened to them?"

"Oh, them?" ibinaba ni Naois ang tingin sa walang malay na mga katawan nina Cicero at Faustus sa paanan niya, kicking them gently as if to emphasize them, "I was just doing something..."

Sumama ang tingin ni Ekaterina, "Doing something?"

"Yeah, but they're still alive and somewhere in the mirror maze," he said, which added up to the confusion instead of clarifying things.

What is he saying?

Well, it doesn't matter right now. They're here to confront him.

Isabella took a step forward, "Naois--"

"I can also do this," he didn't let her finish before the lights turned off in the whole room which prompted Ekaterina to aim the machine gun to where Naois is standing amidst the dark.

"NAOIS--"

Just his name, and only his name was the only word she was able to say for she froze on the spot when a huge image of Naois' head slowly rising appeared on the white wall behind the real Naois who remained standing. It was as if there was a projector showing the gigantic image of his face that served as a light source for the place.

But instead of his electric blue eyes, the one on the image had sharp red eyes glinting with insane and deranged madness, looking straight at them.

Nagsitayuan ang mga balahibo sa kanilang katawan, naestatwa sa kanilang kinatatayuan habang nakatutok ang atensyon sa imaheng tila kakainin sila ng buhay. It's almost the same height as a skyscraper, peering at them and giving off the feeling they're obligated to kneel before it.

"Which is real, which is not?" Naois giggled, eyes squinting out of delight, "Is this all really happening? Or are you just hallucinating?"

In the whole place, there were some mirrors, although cracked and broken, that survived from the rampage of Ekaterina's machine gun and other explosives Isabella threw earlier.

Naois looked at one of those mirrors and watched some scenes unfold...

~ * ~

FLASHBACK.

Madaling araw na't nasa opisina niya pa rin si Ekaterina, nag-aasikaso ng mga papeles na kailangan ang review o apruba niya.

Alone in the monochromatic black, grey and white themed office of her own mansion, she dwelled upon the silence mixed with the sounds of her fountain pen lightly scratching the papers being flipped. Her table lamp being the only source of light.