CHAPTER 14

"Go on."

Her breathing stopped. The air became still. His eyes looked at her coldly as the frozen night, contradicting the mischievous smile on his lips that sensually spoke, "Don't mind me and just do your own business."

Ilang sandali pa silang nakipagtitigan sa isa't-isa, with her hoping he was just a figment of her imagination or a ghost that appeared and would also disappear as sudden as the wind... but no matter how long she waited, that didn't seem to be the case.

"What the hell are you doing here?" she finally uttered in disbelief.

"You mean," he beamed as bright as the moonlight pouring down upon them through the opened dust-covered window, "What am I doing in a mansion I own?"

Kung noong una ay hindi lang siya makapaniwala, ngayon ay kinukwestyon niya na ang tadhana sa kung ano ba talaga ang layunin niya sa buhay, "What?"

'Please tell me I heard wrong.'

"Yup, yup," he excitedly nodded his head while she's going through an existential crisis, "I own this mansion."

Ah, right. Reality was never easy to alter.

Sa tinagal-tagal ng panahon na abandonado ang mansyong ito, bakit ngayong gabi pa mismo naisipang magpakita ng may-ari nito?

Hindi kaya't sinusundan siya nito? Pero kung ganoon, bakit sinabi nito kanina pagkakita sa kaniya na hindi nito inaasahan na siya ang trespasser sa mansyon nito?

She didn't have to think how he knew there was a trespasser. It was probably too obvious for the man base sa pagkakakilala ni Sahara sa kaniya.

Base sa pagkakakilala niya sa kaniya...

Malalim na lamang siyang napabuntunghininga. She pulled the gun back and pointed it upwards. This is no good. Who knows what could happen after she pulls the trigger with him here? He might trap her and let her get caught or just do something to sabotage her plans for the sake of his entertainment.

You will never guess what could happen with him around you.

Well, there goes her mission. She would have to postpone--

Malakas siyang napasinghap nang biglang kunin ni Noah ang sniper rifle mula sa kaniyang mga kamay at ipinantay ang paningin sa scope. Seeing the shadow of her target move through the window ay walang kahirap-hirap nitong kinalabit ang gatilyo, the large bullet ripping through the air that shattered the window's glass of the mansion on the other side and pierced the back of the target's head.

Nakangangang sinubaybayan ni Sahara ang lahat, walang nagawa. Ang isang malakas na sigaw na namayani mula sa kabilang mansyon ang naghila sa kaniya pabalik sa ulirat. This--!

"If you're gonna do something, do it right," he said, eyes averting back to her.

Halos magsalubong na ang mga kilay niya bago hinablot pabalik ang sniper rifle, "Give me that!" Madali naman nitong pinakawalan ang baril.

Within seconds ay naligpit niya na kaagad ang sniper sa lalagyanan nito. She strapped the black case on her back and ran out of the library--Noah following her without a second thought. The two of them sprinted through the moonlight-stained corridors into streaks of shadows with how fast they were moving.

Sahara turned to a corner and entered a small room with spiral stairs that led to the rooftop of the mansion.

"You know my house more than me," natatawang saad ni Noah habang nakasunod pa rin sa kaniya.

"Stop following me!" she growled like a madman.

Malawak lang siyang napangisi, tuwang-tuwa sa mga nangyayari, "Ayaw."