CHAPTER 10

FAST FORWARD TO SEPTEMBER 7, 20XX.

She always hated numbers...

In the Glepmont neighborhood which is south of Zrepolis, Voross is where the poor urban areas are located. In contrast to the large and tall buildings in the far background, here is where the houses made of rough and makeshift materials settled together can be sighted, although there were some that looked better and was built with stronger materials. The main roads and narrow streets are bustling with children playing and running around, people drinking booze on an early morning and even beggars simply lying on the side, either waiting for a miracle or nothing at all, just letting time pass them by.

However, in a quiet and deserted narrow street of the slums, a woman 170 centimeters tall wearing a casual business outfit of a cream-colored double breasted sleeveless blazer jumpsuit and white rubber shoes sauntered as if she's having a walk in the park. Sa dating pa lamang nito ay masasabi ng kung sino na hindi ito taga-rito. Her straight and short black hair shined under the morning sun and her eyes hidden behind dark sunglasses.

People like her often come in places like this for very few reasons that even a dog can guess.

The woman took out a folded paper out of her pocket. In that paper, a very crucial information for her mission was written. A mission that would grant her a fifty million ecazals reward if she succeeds. At hindi na kailangan sabihin pa kung hanggang saan ang gagawin niya para makuha lang 'yon.

Money... numbers in a piece of paper... is what makes this world go round. A piece of paper that can control someone else's life. She hated that. Her surroundings at the moment was proof of that.

Not just numbers in a piece of paper such as money. Rankings, your grades in school and things like that would be able to determine your worth in the eyes of people... in the minds of such fickle people.

She hates that concept of numbers so much.

Nakakalayo na ang babae nang may nakakakilabot na malakas na sigaw ang nagmula sa pinanggalingan nito. And nobody saw her, even as she walked freely in the open because of how she's able to cancel her presence and blend in with her surroundings like the dirt being carried by the wind.

Well, if you aren't good with stealth, you won't survive as a bounty hunter for long.

As she walks away, one can deduce from the very few reasons on why a person like her is in a place like this.

Although, it's safe to say that no lives were taken. She doesn't take lives away ever so carelessly. Perhaps just a few broken bones here and there... okay, maybe not a few. But at least we have another hand!

"Hmm?" himig niya nang maramdamang nagvibrate ang cellphone niya mula sa kaniyang bulsa. Could it possibly be a new mission for a client? More money then.

She took her phone out of her pocket and found out it was indeed another potential mission but not from a specific client. Rather, it's from the underground website for all bounty hunters to see...

NEW BOUNTY TARGET COMMISSION!

WANTED: ALIVE

NAOIS IVANOV

Ranked #7 for the Month of August, the 2nd Phoenix Mafia Executive, 8th child of the Black Jackal and the Underground Society's The Wild Card is a Black Joker

BY ORDER OF:

THE COUNCIL OF NINE