CHAPTER 11

He's not that smart. He's aware of that. I mean, if almost everyday someone says that to you, how could you not?

He's reckless, impulsive and childish.

And what's happening in front of him was proof of that.

"Naois Ivanov," Vanessa Moulin, also known as Venus of the Council of Nine, called his name with a smooth and calm voice yet has that effect of the words of a respectable mother that would make one's body feel cold, although by his reaction, it was needless to say that it had no effect on him.

Clad in well-ironed black suit with a neck tie matching the color of his electric blue eyes thinly striped with gold, his usual messy brown hair is now combed and slicked back revealing his smooth forehead. It's one of the rare moments when he looked neat and sharp that nobody would ever guess that this man wreaked havoc in the underground society by recklessly sending a threat--his every word in it costs a family's entire living expenses that could even last for generations to come.

He's that powerful and rich.

Only if he acted usually like it, then he wouldn't be in this kind of predicament.

But then, it wouldn't be fun.

"Due to your reckless and impudent actions of posting an online threat that targets the Council and affects the entirety of the underground society in consideration of your background and capabilities, you must be severely punished for your crimes," Venus continued. From their own bodyguards standing on their own side of the room to the glasses of water in front of them, all remained still and quiet. The atmosphere between them is so fragile na tila isang maling galaw lang ay mababasag na ang lahat at magkakandagulo.

And Noah was never the type of person to be careful, "What if I told you the Phoenix does wish to overtake the underground?"

Her lips formed into a sly smile, successfully hiding her true emotions of displeasure and hostility brought about by her years of experience in the underground society, "If so, please enlighten me. May I know the reason why?"

He looked away with a deadpanned look, his mood easily changing like a flick of a switch, "Just kidding."

Upon hearing this, ilang sandaling natahimik si Venus nang mapagtanto kung anong klase ng tao ang kaharap niya. This is the very first time she came face to face with this man. Although she already heard many things about him, iba pa rin talaga pag nakaharap mo na ito at naranasan ang kawalang-hiyaan nito. This is also the very first time she met a man this despicable or more like, a man who had the guts to be this despicable to her.

The muscles on her face that formed her smile didn't even flinch a little as she was able to adapt to his personality in an instant, "This is no time for your jokes, Mr. Ivanov."

"Pardon me. You see, I'm not used to such serious settings," he said, relaxing his body and slightly slouched on the exquisite wooden chair with velvet cushions while the woman on the other side of the table remained prim and proper. The two of them seeming like polar opposites of one another.

Walang respeto at makasarili ang naisip na mga salita ni Venus upang mailarawan ito. Malalim siyang napabuntunghininga. Hindi niya alam kung sinasadya ba ni Noah na maging ganito para inisin siya o ganito talaga ang personalidad niya. But either way, she has to stick to this. There is a reason why she was the one the Council voted on to be the representative at hindi sila Jupiter, Mars o iba pa--because she's the most level-headed, patient, matured and intelligent out of them all.

She mentally scoffed. If it were actually Jupiter or Mars who came, this place would've been blown into bits the moment they stepped inside the room.

"What are you thinking about?"