CHAPTER 7

"Ang kaniyang buong pangalan ay Rowan J. Addeman," saad ng kliyente ni Leigh habang nakaupo ito sa kaniyang tapat. Kasalukuyan silang nasa reception area ng opisina ng Silver Eagles Investigation Services.

The woman placed a brown folder on top of the wooden table made of mahogany in between them, slightly pushing it towards her na inabot niya naman. She opened the folder and saw the picture of a smiling man that's in his early 30s.

"He's my boyfriend," the woman smiled sadly. Ang mga mata'y nagbabadyang lumuha, "He's a journalist. I knew his job was dangerous but he wouldn't listen. He's too dedicated."

Leigh scanned through the files. Rowan J. Addeman, a professional journalist working for the Cube Network, Inc., a large and well-known media company in Prisea. He possessed olive brown eyes and black hair.

Her eyes raised at her from the folder, "When was the last time you saw him?"

"Six days ago, around 7 am, when he went out for work. After that, I lost contact and never saw him again."

"Did you already went to the police?"

"I did. Noong una, nakikita kong pursigido sila na tulungan ako. Pero pagbalik ko nung isang araw, parang nawalan na sila ng g-ana?" her voice cracked. She held her hands in front of her chest na tila nilalamig. Hindi masabi kung dahil ba sa panahon, o dahil sa lungkot, takot at pagkadismaya na nadarama, "I don't know. For some reason, I could feel I just can't leave this matter to them anymore. That's when I came to you."

Pursigido tapos nawalan ng gana?

"He's a journalist," she began, closing the folder, "May alam ka ba sa mga topic o issues na sinusulatan niya?"

"The police asked me about this as well..." she said, "I do remember that he planned on investigating the Phoenix Inc."

Natahimik ng ilang sandali si Leigh sa narinig bago nagpatuloy, "Anything else?"

She continued to ask other questions and the client continued to answer.

But at the end, their meeting concluded with Leigh not accepting the job.

She couldn't.

Yvaine Tsaplin, her co-detective at the SEIS, raised her brows at her, "Rowan Addeman? I've heard about his case nung dumaan ako sa PPF kanina."

Nagtataka siyang napaangat ng tingin kay Yvaine na nakaupo sa tapat niya. Kasalukuyan silang nakatambay sa meeting room ng SEIS upang magpahinga sandali mula sa trabaho, "PPF? What were you doing there?"

The Prisean Police Force, also known as PPF, is the armed national police force in Prisea. Magmula noong lumapit ang PPF sa SEIS para hulihin ang isang babaeng nagngangalang Enteya de Leon dahil sangkot ito sa isang drug trafficking organization, at naging matagumpay ang kaso na 'yon ay mas nabigyan ng karangalan at nadagdagan ang reputasyon ng SEIS.

When they were supposed to work with the PPF for a serial kidnapping case as well na may kinalaman sa organisasyong Midnight, the PPF then decided to stop working with them dahil nababawasan na ang kredibilidad nila sa mata ng publiko. They tried to help them further pero nagmatigas na ang PPF at sinabing kaya na nila ang kaso.

"Yeah, may mga tinapos lang akong paperworks sa PPF about de Leon's case," sagot niya. She rested her nape on top of the swivel chair's backrest and closed her eyes, "The police is no different from a circus."

"Addeman's case is related to the Phoenix," saad ni Leigh na nagpamulat kay Yvaine.

"Phoenix Inc., huh? If it's related to the Phoenix..." She huffed, "No agency would help his girlfriend unless they're ignorant or just really brave."