CHAPTER 17

Ekaterina Ivanov is one of the siblings he genuinely didn't like.

It's because he found her irritating.

Kung kaya't nung nagkita sila nang nasagasaan si Evangelos Alexakis noong umaga ng biyernes na 'yon ay hindi niya na inabala pang lapitan ito.

Naois just smiled, or more like, grinned mischievously at her before turning his back and walked away, disappearing among the crowd like a mirage that made it seem like she was just imagining him in the first place and that he was never there.

But just like Naois thought, Ekaterina really is irritating.

And so, with a haughty expression, she followed him.

He hated that she followed him... or he just really hated her as a person. No, he loathed her entire being.

'I wish she was dead.'

Wait, he didn't only wish she was dead. He wished her soul be damned in this life, the next, then the one after that, and so on.

Oh, how he hated being followed by her.

Nang nagawa niyang tumakas at magtago mula sa paningin ni Ekaterina na hinahanap-hanap siya sa mga kalye ay napa-ungos siya. He hid inside a random car parked beside the street that happens to be unlocked. Sinilip niya ang kalahating kapatid na hinahanap siya ilang metro ang layo mula sa tinataguan niya.

He rolled his eyes heavenwards, "'Di ko na nga nilapitan, hinabol pa ako. Can't she just take a hint?"

His shamelessness and hypocrisy would make Voross' goddess of pride, Tedite, be fearful and hide in vain.

He remained hidden on the car floor with only his blue eyes peeking through the window to observe his half-sister afar na mas palayo pa nang palayo dahil sa kabilang direksyon ito papunta. Even when his phone beeped from the right pocket of his grey jogging pants, he didn't allow her to leave his sight as he took it out.

After making sure she's gone, tsaka niya lang binasa ang natanggap na mensahe.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

From: Zain

Where are you? I'm here at Dreka. Malachite Residence Hotel. Come here, now.

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Matapos niyang basahin 'yon ay umaliwalas ang kaniyang mukha under the warm morning sunshine pouring inside the car.

And if there are people he doesn't like, there are people he loves.

"Zain is here," he giggled softly, eyes squinted out of happiness.

While the person he is excited to meet is waiting patiently for him in his penthouse suite at the hotel. His dark ultramarine eyes peered into the tall city buildings of Dreka through the floor-to-ceiling window, and harbors feelings of disappointment towards Noah.

The air at the moment feels heavy, and even Zain, which is the cause himself, did not like it.

~ * ~

"BOOOOOSSSSSEU~" nangingiting bati ni Noah pagkarating niya sa penthouse suite na nasa pinaka-top floor ng Malachite Residence Hotel kung saan kasalukuyang nananatili si Zain habang naririto siya sa Dreka.

The modern grey double doors guarded by the Phoenix's men-in-black closed behind Noah, leaving the two of them inside the suite.

Pagpasok mula sa entrance ay bubungad ang isang sopistikadong living room na may modern interiors, all with the themes of grey, black, white and wood. Zain stood in front of the floor-to-ceiling windows on the other side of the living room, katapat ni Noah na kakapasok lang.