Victory

True to his words, Minho started the legal procedure against Jackson. Hyunjin, Chan, Haileey, and Changbin were all helping with the legal and financial support of the case. Minho wasn't a lawyer yet, he had just graduated from law school, so they needed a good lawyer by their side. Luckily, Chan and Haileey called their family lawyer.

Another problem they had to face was dealing with the mafia leader's rage after he had been publically exposed. Minho was in great danger. Jackson's men could be anywhere, ready to kill him. That's why Changbin stepped in and offered to protect Minho. He had worked as a bodyguard before in Australia and he was the most competent for the job. Plus he wanted to help in some way since Jisung was one of his best friends.

Hyunjin was a bit busier with helping Felix, who after hearing the news of Jisung's passing had been in a horrible state. That night and the week that followed the boy had almost completely stopped eating, and on top of it all, he almost relapsed again. Felix had met up with an old friend and had asked for a few pills, luckily Hyunjin found out in time to stop him from taking them. The older boy was trying very hard to keep him away from any type of drugs because Felix was in a very vulnerable state.

The weeks that followed were very hard for everyone. Minho was practically working like a mad man to find every way to make Jackson's life a living hell, putting down all of his businesses and sources of economic income, while being paranoid, knowing that he was basically playing with fire. But he was determined to lock Jackson and his whole mafia organization up. So apart from the information and proof he had on Jackson's crimes, he was gathering information on his most trusted people too. It was tiring, but worth it if it meant that he would finally get his revenge and take everything away from Jackson, even his freedom.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" asked Chan one evening.
"Like absolute shit," replied the younger.
"I understand...Jisung was like a little brother to me. I feel horrible too," confessed Chan.
"How do you do it?" asked Minho
"Do what?"
"I know you're hurting, but you like you still got your shit together...me, on the other hand, I'm falling apart,"

Chan chuckled, but there was pain behind that chuckle.

"Oh, I'm falling apart too, believe me...I just try not to show it because I know you guys kind of look up to me..."
"Oh...I'm sorry,"
"It's ok...we're all hurting. That's why we have to put an end to this. We have to revenge Ji,"
"Yeah..." said Minho
"But first, you need a break. You look like you haven't slept in a week...which is probably true."
"I'll sleep when it's all over,"
"I don't think Ji would want you to self-destruct like this, Minho,"
"No...he probably wouldn't,"
"Then go rest. Changbin and I are here to look after you,"
"Alright, then I'll go. Thank you, by the way,"
"You're welcome," smiled Chan.

°°°

The next morning, when Minho went back to the living room, he found Chan, Changbin, and their lawyer, Spencer, sitting there.

"Good morning," said Chan
"Morning. Did something happen?" asked Minho since Spencer didn't come over unless there was something urgent to discuss.

"Yeah...Jackson's lawyer is good, too good even...I think they might still win this case and clear out his name even though we have proof."
"Oh, don't worry they won't," said Minho, and everyone was taken aback by his confidence.
"I still haven't played all my cards. We have a testimony and a video that proves that he's a rapist and a child abuser...though I'd like not to use the video...for obvious reasons. I'd like to keep it as our last option."
"Why didn't you tell me earlier, you sneaky little bastard" sighed Spencer.
"I just want to let Jackson lie as much as he can in court, so then when I prove all his words are lies, he'll get charged for lying in court on top of the rest of his crimes," said Minho.