Forgiveness

"D-dad," said Minho when he saw his father.
The man was as shocked as the two boys to see them there.
"Minho?" he said.
"What are you doing here?" asked Minho, while Jisung was silently looking at the two.
"I came here because...I missed mom," confessed the man, and Minho looked at him with a sad expression.
"I'll pass by another time...you stay. I didn't want to bother you," said his father about to get out again.
"Kitten maybe..." whispered Jisung.
"I know" nodded Minho.
"Wait. Stay it's cold outside...plus we've already cooked dinner..." said Minho and his father turned around to look at him.
"I really don't want to bother..."
"It's ok just come in," said Jisung.The three then sat down in the living room. Hwan looked at his son and Jisung before speaking.
"So he's your boyfriend?" he asked and Minho shook his head.
"No. He's my fiance actually," he replied and the man had a shocked expression.
"Look if you have anything against it I really do not ca-"
"Congratulations," he said in tears. Minho and Jisung were caught off guard.
"What?"
"I'm happy you're happy son. I'm sorry it took me so long to finally understand that your happiness was what really mattered to me. I was a horrible father." said the man letting his tears fall.
"Oh..."
"I hope you can forgive me one day...but I'm really happy congratulations," he said.
"Thank you" replied Jisung since Minho was too shocked to speak.
"I'll go set the table," said then Jisung leaving the two alone to speak.
"You are serious?" asked Minho.
"Yes."
"You're not against it?"
"Do you love him?"
"Yes"
"Does he love you?"
"Yes"
"Then I have nothing to say...not that my word means anything to you anymore...but you have my blessing,"
"I-I never thought I'd see the day when you supported me in this."
"I'm sorry son...since you left and cut contacts with me, I realized I had been a horrible father to you. It's true what they say ...you only realize your mistakes when it's too late. I tried to make peace with you back then but you refused and I understand..."
"Dad..." said Minho in tears.
"Yes"
Minho got up and hugged him. He missed his father. Hwan was also in tears and wrapped his arms around his son.
"I'm sorry Minho. Can I be a father to you again?"
"Y-yeah," he said in between sobs.Jisung looked at father and son hugging and felt emotional.
He had lost his parents for good and he was happy Minho at least still had his father.
"Will you officially introduce me to my future son in law?" asked his father and Minho nodded.
They dried their tears and went to the kitchen.
"You have met before but this is Jisung, my future husband" smiled Minho and Jisung did too.
"Oh I met you in Australia I remember...you had blue hair"
"Ah yes...I did. Nice to well... officially meet you," said Jisung shaking his hand.
"If it's not too much to ask may I know how you two met?" asked the father and the boys looked at each other.
"Ehm...it's a very long story," said Minho.
"I'd still like to know"
"You should sit down then," said Jisung. They all sat down at the table and Minho and Jisung told him the whole story, leaving out some of the more personal details of course.
"Wow..."
"Yeah..."
"I'm glad you two made it and are together now," said the man with a smile.
"Are you not uncomfortable with my sexuality anymore"
"I have to be honest I'm still trying to adapt to this, but no, I'm not uncomfortable. In the last years, I've tried my best to educate myself, because now I know how unfair and judgmental I had been...and your mother would have never done what I did" he said.
"Thank you," said Minho.
"No thank you for opening my eyes...and sorry for everything Minho."
"Let's all let that behind us and start over," said Jisung.
"As a family" added Minho and they all smiled.
°°°
"No way! You're fucking with me" said Felix shocked.
"No I'm serious," said Jisung.
"Wait hold up. You're telling me, Minho proposed and uncle Hwan showed up and was actually ok with it...and he also apologized?"
"Yep"
"The world is fucking ending..."
"Dramatic asshole. Your husband is a bad influence on you"
"Shut up! I actually gotta call dad and tell him. This is unbelievable" said Felix and hung up.
"Idiot" sighed Jisung.
"What did he say."
"He was shocked."
"So am I," said Minho getting in bed beside Jisung.
"Dad invited us to his house for dinner tomorrow" he then added.
"We're going?"
"Yeah"
"How are you feeling"
"I'm happy..."
Jisung smiled.
"I love that look on you"
"What look?"
"Happyness you dummy"
"Oh...I do too" giggled Minho.Jisung rolled over and kissed Minho.
"Oh and we're going to Thailand for our Honeymoon remember that"
"Of course" laughed Minho.
"Shit!" said Jisung getting up on a sitting position
"What!"
"We have to organize a wedding! Like we have to do so many things"
"You idiot you scared me..." sighed Minho.
"Aren't you anxious"
"No"
"How??"
"We got this under control now chill and sleep ok," he said opening his arms and waiting for Jisung to lay between them.
"Ok, ok"

-A few weeks later-

Minho and Jisung had started the wedding preparations and Minho's dad was involved as well. The boy had never imagined that the day when his father would help organize his wedding to a man would come, but it was happening.

"I don't like this location," said his father as they left the possible wedding location together. Jisung had work to do so he wasn't with them.
"Why?"
"My son isn't getting married in such a mediocre place, we have to look for the perfect one. Plus I'm sure Jisung would hate it"
"He did hate it..."
"I'm starting to get to know your husband and he's very similar to your mom you know?" said Hwan getting in the car. Minho froze.
"Looks like you like him more than me now..."
"Of course"
"Right," said Minho still in disbelief.
"Are you ok, son?"
"I just still can't believe this is real."
The old man laughed and Minho smiled.
"It is"
"Alright let's go see another place," said the boy changing the subject, with a wide smile on his face.

Later that evening while Minho was cooking dinner Jisung entered the house holding something behind his back.
"Hey Hannie, how was work?"
"it was good but ehm..." he said and then showed Minho what he was holding. It was a little white puppy.
"Absolutely not"
"Oh come on the cats need a friend...plus I found him on the way home...poor little guy someone abandoned him," he said giving Minho puppy eyes.
"Greate on more pet to take care of," said Minho rolling his eyes, but secretly he was already in love with the small puppy.
"I know you'll probably love him more than me...drop the act. Look what a cutie!" said Jisung showing him the puppy.
Minho held it and smiled.
"Ok he is very cute"
"I'll go give him a bath while you finish cooking," said Jisung and all excited went upstairs with the puppy.
Minho sighed and got back to cooking.
"I really can't deny him anything," he said and smiled. Then the cats started meawing almost like they were complaining.
"Hey don't get jealous, we still love you too! Just be welcoming to your new sibling! " said Minho.

After dinner, Jisung made sure to get a nice little blanket for Bbama to sleep in as he went upstairs.
"The kids are sleeping"
"God we really sound like a married couple with kids" laughed Minho and Jisung giggled.
"Well we're about to become one"
"Right" smiled Minho. Jisung got in bed and couddeled closer to Minho.
"Are you sure you wanna marry me?" he then asked.
"Of course what question even is that?"
"I mean...I don't know my life has always been a mass...and so am I. I mean we've been happy now but I always somehow screw things up. I don't wanna do that to us"
"Jisung I won't let you screw up anything. Plus we are happy and we will continue to be"
"Yea you're right"
"Please, Hannie stop thinking negatively like that, ok?"
"I'll try"
Minho then kissed his forehead and hugged him tightly.
"I love you"
"I love you too"

This chapter is short I'm sorry about that, but the next one will be looong and they're getting marieddd!!! It will also probably be the last chapter 🤧