Chapter 31

══════◄••❀••►══════
Chapter 31

Allistair Neil Y Credieu

Gawking on the corridor, I sighed repeatedly to look for Asteria. She must be near me, people here are dangerous. She must avoid them especially the Empress.

Walking, I saw Reigh with the maids came from the way where The Emperor's resting. She looks at me but I ignore her, I hate how her eyes diverting to my face.

I felt Asteria's presence on the room where the Emperor's laying. I entered slowly and hide in able for me not to seen.

"Empewadow... Gumising kana po, iligtas mo si mama." I sighed repeatedly and listening to words that would complicate circumstances. The Emperor can't do anything if he's awake, if he let her live—Mathilda. He was  tolerating unlawful actions, it is a bad impression for people who was abiding the rules of the Empire.

"Biktima lang din po si Momma, tulongan niyo po siya." She continue sobbing as if she forgotten about the things our mother did to us. She planted traumatic event to our life, she loath us since we are born. Undergo misery and wounds, and the reason to our nightmares. How can she easily forgive that woman? I gritted my teeth, Asteria why are you like that?
You're too soft and clumsy, how can you protect me when I can see that you're always open here? You're too kind to be in this kind of world.

Despite of that, I can't bear you crying. I don't want a sorrow through your eyes because your  wish was undone. My only happiness here was your smile.
I heave a sigh and enter the room with steady aura. She glance on me but remove her gaze as she cry to the chest of Emperor.

"Let's go Asteria, let's meet her before the execution happens."
She sob and wipe her tears.

"Wala na ba talagang magagawa Nwil?" I remain silent, I can't answer her question. We are against the whole empire if we tried to save Mathilda.

"Asteria—"

"Naiintindihan ko, pewo Nwil natatandaan mo pa ba ang sinabi ni Momma sa atin noon? Si Momma man o si Mathilda, iisa pawin sa akin yun. Sabi niya sa atin Ipaglaban natin ng buo ang buhay natin, dahil walang sinuman ang maaaring magdikta ng mga bagay na nangyayawi! Ang batas na sinusunod nila ay dinikta lamang ng isang tao para sa pagkapantay-pantay hindi ba? Ngunit pagkapantay-pantay pawin ba iyon kung buhay ang kinikitil sa isang kasalanan?" She heave a sigh.

"Asteria, even with order or not. There's no equality that existing. We both know the difference between the higher status and a commoner right to this world. We're not in our past world who believed in those fancy schemes, we're in an empire of realist. If you're good and smart, then you have an advanced point to be a noble but if you're weak, then you have a greater distance to get respect." She seems like she already gave up. 

"Let's meet her before the execution happens." I grab her hand but she halt and glance on father.

"Please fight for youw consciousness fathew." I shrug because she still can't pronounce the 'r' properly. We both said our good byes and leave the place, looking for a maid we accidently pass prince Lewis. We both stop.

"Your highness, we request a visit to our mother." The path for us was increasingly rough because of unexpected obstacles.

"I refuse prince Neil, we can't gamble you guys infront of a dangerous person. Just leave it to us." Asteria tighten her grip to my hand, the response kindled her emotions. He pat Asteria's head. He made a sweeping motion to his hand and a butler appeared from our side.

"I can't make out with you guys, I have certain things to settle. Let's see each other later." The butler and maid bow their heads to the prince, the prince left us dumbfounded.

"He can't help us Asteria." I said using telepathy, I heared Asteria release a soft sigh.

"Your highnesses, I'll lead the way." We nod and started walking on the hall, what are the things you did to convince my sister mother?

Do you have motives to use us again? Because of you did, I'm certainly going to behead you with my hands. I am no considering the blood we share.  I pull Asteria hand and run. We lost the butlers and maid.

"N-Nwil?" Asteria was curiosed from what am I doing.

"I have a plan." She gaze on me with determination.

"Sabihin mo sa akin kung ano ang plano mo." I pat her head.

"Pupunta tayo sa labas, susundan natin ang merchantile. I heared that they have settle goods near the Imperial Jail." I said and pull her hand as we finally see the exit. I heared from the maids that they are going to claim goods today with the merchant and I see that we still have time.

"Asteria... I can't accept the fact that we are doing this but I believe on you." She nod and smile as a respond. I saw the carriage so we both hop on it, we are very timely. The carriage started to move. I saw a knife with a sheathe and put it on my waist, I need to ensure our protection and life.

We are entering the Imperial Jail just to see our mother. And we are aware that the troopers from that jail don't see our power. They see us as a mere child who aren't aware of cruelty of this world. The carriage stop and I peep from the outside, we saw the Imperial Jail. I held Asteria hand and simply sneak enough for us not to see. We are pro at this.

We enter the Imperial Jail without combantants knowing, we successfully entered the place and hide.

"Anong oras ipapadala ang babaeng dinakip noong nakaraang araw?"

"Mamayang alas 12."

The people who are talking are too far but I can hear it, because I can feel my senses sharpening slowly. I close my eyes to be more focused.

"Oras na upang dalhan ng pagkain ang mga kriminal na ito."
Be more patient Neil, you can dig more to hear her. I suddenly stop when someone corrupted my mana. I gulp, someone is stopping me and that person was here.
Kanino iyon nanggaling?

I tilted my head when I felt a strong bond from the right, the presence of Mathilda. I pull Asteria's hand but suddenly halt beside of a jail. I saw a man with golden eyes and scar on its face smiling mischievously. He has a wavy yet long hair, I cease my forehead but I heared voices near  that's why I pull Asteria hand and get into the place we are supposed to do.

What's up with that man? He pose a threat.

༺═─────────────────═༻