Book 2

⊰᯽⊱┈──────╌❊╌─────┈⊰᯽⊱

In the middle of downtown, an uproar enveloped the city as the insignia of knights gleamed under the full blue moon.

"Hanapin niyo!" a commanding voice resonated, as a woman cloaked in secrecy hid in a dilapidated shack. Her golden hair radiated and her emerald eyes sparkled with skepticism, her trouble was obvious in her complexion. She heard the clinking of armor as the knights searched for her, causing her to instinctively retreat to a defensive position, her magic was prepared anytime. She felt a presence behind her and before she could let out a sound, a mysterious figure covered her mouth, silencing her.

"Don't shout, Asteria," a deep voice whispered, sending shivers down her spine. She couldn't see the man's posture due to the darkness, nor could she recognize his voice. She heard the knights leaving, allowing her to catch her breath. She cautiously pointed her dagger at the unseen figure in the darkness, unable to rely on her magic as it would reveal her position to the knights.

"S-Sino ka?!" she trembled with fear, her thoughts scattered. The man took a step forward, causing her to involuntarily step back. She hadn't anticipated this turn of events. Now, she stood alone, feeling hopeless, especially since her twin had already perished.

Grasping her knife tightly, she remembered Neil's words before he departed. He had assured her that she wasn't alone and that he would protect her. Yet, she had been let down.

Facing a figure who could end her life at any moment, should she continue fighting? Neil had been the only person who instilled hope in her, reminding her not to lose faith because he would save her. But what should she do now in a world where she had no allies?

"Is this the result of my desired freedom?" she pondered in her mind.

✥◈✥

Asteria and Allistair found themselves transmigrated into an aristocratic world where their destinies were decided, predetermined by their bloodlines. As they made their way to the Emperor, their past traumas clung to them. The Emperor's Twin presented them with an opportunity for liberation, defying the societal barriers. However, a new war loomed on the horizon.

"Hindi pwedeng maging prinsesa ang batang yan! Sapagkat siya ay anak ng isang Hanabi! Anak ng sumasalungat sa liwanag!"

In this world dominated by stereotypes, anyone who opposed the sacred light faced severe consequences...

"Asteria, you have committed a grave sin, and you must face the consequences."

"Everyone despises what flows through your veins."

Anyone challenging the light would be condemned for eternity...

"I will shatter these chains of titles, just as I promised Neil. I will fulfill my pledge to you. Let's stand together and end this." - Asteria Lein Y Credieu

"I'll defend you no matter what, I will annihilate anyone just to protect you. Even if it cost death." Allistair Neil Y Credieu

How will the Emperor's Twin escape the wrath of the light?

"No one can harm Asteria, not in my vicinity." - Unknown

⊰᯽⊱┈──────╌❊╌─────┈⊰᯽⊱

A/N: Published na po ang TET 2, you can check it on my profile ^^