Chapter 21

Jimin naturally woke up, furrowing his eyebrows seeing himself on someone's chest. "Good morning." A deep voice spoke up. Jimin whimpered, moving away and looking up to the face. He flickered his eyelashes and smiled shyly, "good morning." He whispered back.

He sat up making Taehyung do the same.

"Are we going to address the elephant in the room?" Taehyung rotated his pupils around the room with a slight grin before settling on Jimin's giggling self. Jimin showed his creased smile and nodded, "I think we should." He no longer felt weird or strange.

It was Taehyung.

His childhood friend.

His crush of years.

His other half.

He crawled off the bed, scratching his head while he walked to the bathroom seeing Taehyung followed too. They brushed their teeth and went back to the bedroom.

"Do you want to start? Or do you want me to?" Taehyung criss-crossed leaning back on the bed frame. Jimin shrugged doing the same, but he leaned on the wall where the bed touched.

Taehyung shrugged too and opened his mouth to speak first, "Sana and I spoke yesterday. It's all figured out, we're in good terms, I think." Jimin hummed, looking down to his fidgeting fingers.

Taehyung scooted over and snaked his hand into his, "how'd you feel throughout the relationship?" Jimin questioned. Taehyung pierced his lips together, he looked up at Jimin who's eyes pondered away, "I regret it. Of course, she was great. But, she wasn't you. I tried, I really did, but I felt like I was trying to be someone she deserved, but really, but I failed miserably. I was so stupid and selfish." He smiled bitterly to the remembrance of the days and nights he continuously lied to her. And remembering how he sometimes hid the annoyance off his face by blaming it on the tiredness he felt.

He shook his head, "but, I hope I do better for you, Jimin. I promise you that nothing of me will ever be sugarcoated or lies, you're something I truly want." He whispered his last words, smiling softly at the shocked expression Jimin wore.

The slightly opened lips, the puffy eyes that shined. Jimin blinked hard, he cleared his throat before nodding, "you're something I want too." He confessed. Taehyung laced their hands together, "and- and I want to be with you." He closed his eyes, smiling to himself before looking up to Jimin.

He hitched, returning his hand away, "Taehyung..." Jimin whispered. Taehyung swallowed a lump of sadness, "Jimin?" He whispered back. The complete confusion in Taehyung's voice was scary for Jimin to hear. It was like him saying, will everything be okay?

The worry built up in Taehyung's chest, he grunted lowly, he nodded softly and smiled, "so, why don't you want me? You and I fit so well, why? Does is it because of Sana or the sudden change in our relationship?" Taehyung scrambled with his words, eyes watering as they lurked all over Jimin's expressionless face.

Jimin winced at the slight pain, he shook his head and pounced onto Taehyung's shivering body. "You're spitting nonsense." He smiled, laying soft pecks on his his shoulder. Taehyung froze, he could feel his pain go away and reveal the best feeling he's ever felt in the past two months.

His hands traveled around his slim body and wiggled them around, shouting and giggling all his happiness with Jimin following his lead. "You scared me, Jimin. Why'd you do that?" He pouted, closing his eyes and taking in his lovely scent he's truly missed smelling. He unconsciously smiled as he eased on the mattress with Jimin wrapped around him.

"I was just shocked. I- I didn't know what to say." He answered truthfully. Taehyung huffed and just held him closer, while they both spoke about the long situation of these past two months.