Chapter 25

"It's not fair you get to sleep." Jimin took short glances from the side of him to the roads. He kept his non-dominant hand on the wheel and reached his dominant hand out to touch Taehyung's face. He smiled fondly when he squeezed his cheeks, "you're lovely too." He whispered. He took one last look at the sleeping boy and grabbed his coffee his mother made him for the road. He took a sip, then focused on the road again.

~an hour later~

"Are we there yet?" Jimin smiled, shaking his head. "That's the fifth time you've asked. We still have two hours to go before we're there." Taehyung whined at his words. He began to look out the window to kill time, but then shifted to the other side to Jimin.

He sighed softly at Jimin's concentration on the roads, he scrunched his fists and let a whine out. Jimin turned, he was quite surprised when Taehyung continued to whine and whine.

"Go back to sleep." He suggested to the boy who only placed his hands on his chest and made an offended face. Jimin raised an eyebrow, glancing back at the roads then to Taehyung.

"You could have just told me to shut up." Taehyung huffed while Jimin only smiled. "I like your voice, why would I want you to be quiet?" Jimin innocently told. A hand was suddenly placed on his thigh with no bad idea, just simply holding on.

"That's the sweetest thing you've ever said to me." Taehyung laid his head onto Jimin's shoulder, feeling his heart flutter when Jimin placed his own head onto his. "I've said sweet things."Jimin defended himself, Taehyung scrunched his nose and hummed a no.

"Barely, gosh do you even like me?" Jimin felt his body numb, instead. His mind went blank and his heart felt like it stopped, was he not affected enough? Did Taehyung question his love for him? Taehyung sensed the aura of the vehicle change making himself move away closer to the window than Jimin's embracement.

"So, you don't like me?" He mumbled, bitterly.

What did he do wrong?

Did he not love him enough last night?

Was he being too playful?

He began to dwell at the feeling of not being liked by the most important person in his life. His mind drifted to all sorts of places and making up scenarios that deepen his sadness.

"When we were younger, I remember you would always stand up for me no matter who it was. The way you wiped my tears every time I cried after seeing your worsen condition, saying all these sweet words to me. You cared so much about me that you would rather get yourself hurt instead of seeing me marked up."

Jimin wiped his tears, smiling bitterly to the memories. Taehyung sniffled and looked over to Jimin who looked over to him before looking back on the interstate.

"I always thought fondly of you, Taehyung. Days we spent laughing our asses off and the nights we cried in each other's arms. For all this years, all twelve years, you are the best thing that has happened in my life."

Taehyung was now full on sobbing as Jimin stopped the car at a resting area. He smiled through the tears, "why are you crying?" Taehyung leaned on Jimin's palms on his check, he held onto his forearms crying his heart out of pure happiness. Jimin remained silent wiping his tears and leaving pecks on his temples.

"So, you like me?" Taehyung wiped his last tears, waiting for his answer. Jimin huffed a laugh earning himself a whine, "I mean isn't it obvious? I confessed. I kissed you. I've let you touch my body and you let me do the same, so what more can I prove it to you?" Taehyung weaken to Jimin's stable confident words, he sniffled and wiped his eyes with his shirt.