Side Story: Chapter 1

Months have passed and before they knew it, it was the first day of school. Senior year to be exact. "Walk, kook, she's not here." Jimin bumped into Jungkook's shoulder.

Jungkook speared him a frown before continuing to look down to the floor. "Jimin and I are going to change our schedules, see ya." Taehyung grabbed Jimin's hand and led him away, not giving Jungkook time to respond.

Jungkook sighed softly, his heart began to race as he looked around to the amounts of people around. He got very anxious every time they entered from break, who doesn't? His eyes speared everyone a glance, hitching when he seen Sana glaring at him while she was with some of her friends.

He looked down and began to walk the opposite direction, "bad idea." He whispered to himself. He paced to his first class of the day, greeting his new teacher then making his way all the way in the right back corner. 

Jungkook got out his phone from his pocket and texted Jimin about his worries. His mind slowly eased when Jimin answered quickly, comforting messages he got and a funny picture of Taehyung that made him laugh. He was no longer interested in Jimin nor was he holding anything against Taehyung.

Actually, during summer break, the trio started to hang out together. Jungkook felt left out most of the time, but sometimes he was the star of their days, shining upon the two other who only uplifted him.

He smiled softly, at the group chat messages between the three boys, "can I sit here?" His eyes widen. Jungkook raised his eyes as he felt his heart threatening to jump out at any given moment.

The shy feminine voice was powered with her soft appearance with brown hair and a dress that complimented her curves, but Jungkook didn't care about that, he cared about the girl that stood there with a smile lacing her lips with pondering eyes that wondered all over his own appearance.

Sana.

He got his conscious back and only shrugged as a response and returning to his vibrating device. Sana smiled more and sat down, she didn't dare speak another word. Not because she was scared to talk about the past, but because she just didn't want to be a bother to Jungkook.

That being said, her eyes maintained to the board and the teacher that stood there giving her directions of a project.

On the first day, wow.

"Do you want to be my partner?" She whispered, hiding the fact that she was smiling widely at the boy who only glared at her. "No, thank you." He said quietly and turned off to the window making Sana's heart sunk down to the bottom of her body.

She turned back and placed her elbow on the table, propping her chin up. "Good morning, what are your names?" The teacher finally came around to the back where the two sat.

Sana smiled, "I'm Sana." The teacher nodded and looked over to Jungkook, "Jungkook." He mumbled with his head down. He knew this was impolite of him, but he was scared to look at the teacher's eyes while Sana was probably watching his every move.

"Did you figure out your partners?" Jungkook and Sana shook their heads making the teacher smile, she wrote on her clipboard and looked back to the two who shared a confused face.

"You two are assigned partners." She left with a smile and went to greet other students. Jungkook rubbed his temples and went back to his phone. Sana pouted softly at his gestures, "what should our project be about?" She tried to start a conversation, but Jungkook only shrugged. She nodded with a slight eye roll, tired of his attitude.

"When is this due?" Her eyes suddenly brighten. Sana looked over and showed her small smile that didn't faze Jungkook one bit, "it's due the day we go on winter break." She told.