Are You Really Smiling?

"Briar-san, duel me!"

I know I am planning to duel Yuya as soon as I am able but... I don't expect to take this long.

Like, it was only a few days ago LDS pay us a "visit", but for some reason it feels like over a week ago. 

Maybe it's because I recently got myself two part-time jobs and was busy with it. One requires me to wake up extra early and go to my workplace. Other is a night shift and goes into midnight. Thankfully they happens on different day, or I'm gonna be cranky.

Needless to say, my sleep schedule is being disrupted and will continue to be a mess until I get used to my new routine.

Speak of routine, "why so sudden?"

"He is not yet qualified for Championship." Yuzu being the one who answer. "His win-rate is 26 out of 46, or 56,5%. He need four more consecutive win to earn the 60% win streak requirement."

"And you're asking me?"

"Yuzu refuse to duel me! Saying she's already qualified! And the kids refuse on ground I'm in Junior-Youth Class while they are in Junior!"

"We have Shiunin?" I pointed to midget over there, who looked at me with deer in headlights look over being thrown under the bus.

"Eh, sorry teach!" Sora quickly shook his head. "I gotta earn my own winning streak." Yuya's expression fell. "Why don't you ask Gong-chan? You two seems close, I'm pretty sure he won't mind helping."

"Yeah but Gongenzaka always helping me! I'm thankful for him for that, but I want to become pro with my own merits! With my own strength!"

Pretty words. And inspiring one, if Yuzu suddenly spirited Sora away was any indication.

"Fine, you earn yourself a Duel with me." Yuya brightened up. "Keep in mind I haven't meet the requirement either, so I will aim for victory. Don't expect me to holding back."

He looks at me with determined gaze.

"I will be insulted if you going easy on me."

"Are you going to summon her?"

Hi Bergamot, and yes I am. It's time for her to make appearance. Well, a version of hers, that is.

"Briar-san! Are you coming or not?!"

"Sure sure, hold your horse kid." Geez. Someone's anxiety is rising if his patience was running thin.

When I finally reach the arena, Yuya waste no time asking for Action Field to be activated. This time Principal choose a neutral field. Canyon. Which double damage if one attack a defense position rock-type monster, whose DEF is higher than one self's attacking monster's ATK.

Haa. Too bad I only has one Rock-type monster, but it's fine.

DUEL

Floren LP: 4000

Yuya LP: 4000

"You can go first." Offered Yuya with a smile.

I narrowed my eyes. "How nice of you." Thankfully I know most of Performapal Cards, thanks anime and manga, so I won't be caught off guard... too much.

Let's see. Alright. let's go with this.

"Alright. I'm going to play hard." I cracked my neck slightly. "I normal summon Twilight Rose Knight, and by her effect, I can special summon level 4 or lower plant monster. I special summon Aromage Jasmine in defense mode. I then activate Quick Spell Card: Poison of Old Man and choose ione of its two effect. I choose gain 1200 lifepoints and triggering Jasmine's effect. I draw one card." A Tuner. Just what I need for my next turn. "I tune together level 2 Aromage Jasmine with Level 3 tuner Twilight Rose Knight. This calming aroma had evolved into higher being! Descent down from land of fragrance! I synchro Summon! Level 5! Aromaseraphy Rosemary!"