Reunion and Separation

Floren panted after she finally climbed the last stairs, drenched in sweats and curse her dislike towards elevator that make her opted to take stairs when she can. Yuri is right behind her heel, like particularly persistent hound.

She can't shake him off no matter how much she tries, so regretfully she let him come with her. Hoping the others would at least listen to her before making judgement of the situation.

But it seems that was the least of her worry.

The lift was already ascending with Roget and Yuya inside.

And not a moment later, Dark Rebellion and Clear Wing let out enraged screeches as they blasted the damn thing. Creating a big hole in the lift.

Floren swear her heart stopped at what happened next.

Yuya jumped. Off. Of. The. Lift.

"YUYA!" Her scream mixed with everyone else.

She was ready to run and try to catch him.

It was proven to be unnecessary.

Zarc, manifest in all of his Celestial Magician glory, races after Yuya. Pulling him close to his body and holding him for dear life. Spinning around and doing a sharp maneuver and make a very sharp turn. Fly horizontally before we both crashed onto the cold, hard floor. Black dragonic wings flapping against the trajectory to slowed down and landed on the ground.

Right when the lift finally crashed a few meters next to them.

Floren's knees trembles and she collapsed on the ground.

"Yuya." She breathes. "You're so fucking lucky I am too glad to see you're alive, intact, or I might hit you for that stunt."

"I second that." Yuto agrees.

"Thirded." Crow weakly raises his hand. "On that note, grounded."

Sora feels like crying in relief.

Except the relief replaced with dread seeing Floren's "shadow".

"Why is Yuri here?!" He shouted in shock, causing everyone to look to who's behind Floren and quickly bristles in defensive.

Serena's bracelet glow.

Floren doesn't have any fuck left to give. She sent Black Rose to suppress it. "He's being sticky rice ball and would never let me go." She deadpanned, all while trying to get her legs back to works.

Her nervous system is really not equipped to see someone willingly take a swan dive.

To his credit, Yuri didn't say anything. He was busy staring at his counterparts. Mainly Zarc.

"What?" He gaped. "Who... who is that?"

He was not the only one. Yuto also throw him a questioning look.

He didn't know Yuya has this monster. One that share their face.

(Something in their chest went thump-thump-thump-click.

Like a puzzle piece slot itself)

Floren doesn't have chance to answer him.

Because Roget is dragging himself out of the ruin that was elevator not even a quarter hour ago.

"You're still alive?" Scowled Jack. "Persistent cockroach."

"You think..." Roget growled. "You think you've beaten me? Me?"

"Well, duh." Sora decided he won't pay Yuri any attention. There's something more urgent to do at the moment. So long Yuri didn't say anything, didn't do anything, he won't care. "You are surrounded and vastly outnumbered. Your tricks are dismantled. You've lost your hostage and there's no way you can hold someone else as hostage."

Because nobody will let him.

"Fool! I can—"

Yugo arrive within light and special distortion, landed atop on him. Slamming the soles of his shoes at Roget's face and dig his knee at Roget's chest.

"This is for what you've done to Yuya, you ass!" He growled.

Yuzu, who was pulled alongside the ride, hurry up and went to hug Yuya. Yugo glanced at them and follows, but not without stomping his feet at Roget, hard.

(He did give Zarc a strange look. Something about him make Clear Wing practically sings with delight)

Yuri whistles.

Pretty sure he heard something break.

"Guess there's one thing left to do." He saunters. Everyone tensed, until they realize Yuri was making his way to Roget. "Professor would love to hear about your betrayal, I bet. And to be honest, so do I."

"No." Growled Roget. Slowly getting up and messing with hid Duel Disk. "I'm not going with you."

"You don't have option."

"No. I have." Roget pressed a button. The whole place shakes. "I've built this Dimensional Transporter not just to return back to Academia! But to take the City with me! This place is going to be scattered throughout the dimensions...horrible, no good dimensions!"

Yugo's eyes widen. Remembering some of the worst places he have been to. Fear gripped his heart at the thought of others strayed there.

"You fucker...!"

Green light envelops the wall. "All of you... All of you will be destroyed at Void between Dimensions! Scatter like the wind!"

"You bastard—!"

"Yuri! Watch out!"

Zarc let go of Yuya, to quickly pulled Yuri away from Roget, shielding him with his wing. Right before electrical current went wild.

"Wha?" His eyes widened.

Did that monster just protects him? Did Yuya order him to?

Or

Did he do it on his own accords?

"Disappear! Everyone should just disappear!" Roget declared madly. "If you won't do as I please, then all of you... this world... and everything... SHOULD JUST DISAPPEARS!!"

With one final declaration, a wormhole open beneath Roget's feet. Sucking him in.

The building began to shake even wilder. The wormhole not just not closing, but opens wider and with many more formed in the room. Causing currents that threatening to suck and tear them apart.

Fear flashed on Jack and Crow's eyes.

Is this what Zero Reverse was like?

Everyone began to get pulled into different directions.

Outside, the sky darkened with the tower shot up beam of light that distorts the weather. Creating a massive maelstrom that threatens to rip apart the city.

Yuya swore something and threw something at Yuto's hand. "Hold onto it for me!" He commandeered.

"Yuya, what are you—"

The green light shone brighter and they can feel they are losing their footing.

"Hold onto something and each other! I'll stop it, but it will take time and it will be a turbulent one! Therefore, whatever you do, don't let go of your hand!"

Blue and orange eyes widen as a figure in familiar blue jacket passed them over.

Before anyone could say anything, a pair of white wings obscured their vision and shielding some of them from the worst of current.

Then bright light explodes all over.

And everything

Goes

Dark