Surprises, One After Another Part 1

I huffed as I tried to make myself comfortable.

My head had been trying to kill me in past few days. I cannot sleep without being plagued by some sort of nightmare. Some, I completely forgot the content, which was a blessing. Some others, I recall with clarity that I definitely did not ask for.

(The one where Kaito desperately fought Edo Phoenix amidst burning ruins of the old camp was the worst of the bunch)

It doesn't help I've been getting dizzy spells and what I see in those short moments was not what I currently seen, currently engaging. If I am lucky, I only get it once a day. If I am not, I can get ten or so visions.

I am the reason why Aspirin and Anvil and other headache medicines have been depleting like crazy.

"Another headache?" Shun asked softly, as to hid it from preying ears.

Only my small group of four who know my predicament.

(Advertising that I sometimes losing my grip onto reality would make others hesitant to send me out and instead considering to benched me. I can't let something as stupid as weird vision and headache stopping me from freeing my home)

I nodded.

Yuzu silently passed me a tea blend that would help with it. I give her a thanks for it.

Kaito finally enters the room with Shiunin right behind him. Their expression grim.

Andromorphic monster. Half human half animal, with sharp claws and long tail and fierce grin.

What the—? Another vision?!

"The reason why I call off the mission is that today, we found that Academia changed their tactics." Kaito declared.

Whispers break out.

"Shiunin. Explains."

"Yes." Shiunin connected the recording duel in his Duel Disk to the projector. Showing up the—wait. Those are things I just see! "As you know, Academia mass-produced certain Archetype and given it to the soldiers to use. I don't have to say it, but you all must be familiar with Ancient Gear, right?"

Too much for my likings.

"There are another squadron who use different deck, but they usually keep to the Fusion and I know they use Beast-type deck. The soldiers I fought earlier, however, I discover that they changed the deck. What you see, is the new deck assigned to Obelisk Force. Based on the name, I think they are called Dinomorphia."

"Dino... as in... Dinosaur?" Daisuke asks.

"Considering this," the image change to... is that T-Rex? "Yeah. Pretty much."

"How are you sure they changed the deck and you are not just fighting someone who use personal deck?" Kurosaki asked. "You don't use deck like majority."

True. I never see Sora use Ancient Gear.

"First, not to my taste." Of course. What do I expect? "Second, two Obelisk members use same archetype and they're probably low-class foot soldiers. Not to mention they do claim they got new deck from the professor. Third and last, counting myself and Commander," Kaito let out a small growl at the title, "there's only eleven people in whole Academia who use personal deck."

Shiunin paused. "Or so I like to think. There are a pair of twins that use same deck, but different Ace, though. So maybe ten and half?"

My vision blanked out and I saw glimpse of people in quick succession.

Shiunin, that Commander, Yuri, Serena, a military dressed guy, Dennis, a girl with blonde brown hair, a guy with dark hair, a pair of identical twins with different hair color and—