Exhibition Duel! The Might of the King!

"...is it alright for us to sends him out?"

"Maybe? He did lose in the drawing... so..."

"I feel sorry for the poor kid."

Everyone around us chattering in mournful tone and giving the poor sod offered up as "sacrifice" for the Exhibition Duel a pitiful look. As if they were sending him to his death or something.

The unfortunate sacrifice?

It was

*C-H-O-K-E*

Gongenzaka.

Even I feel nothing but utmost pity as I offer prayers for Crimson Dragon so that Jack might take leniency on him. Crimson Dragon know the best how destructive Jack's deck can be.

Not to say Gongenzaka is a bad duelist. No. His Synchro monster's effect of destroying spell and trap of enemy side can be useful. Not to mention their shtick to be able to attack in defense position can be quite useful! However... Jack is just... on whole different level.

Anime-wise, it was OP since Jack is Yusei's rival. But meta-wise? Of his 5Ds Deck and Arc-V Deck?

Pain In The Ass.

Take it from someone who was grinded in Master Duel by Red-Red Dragon Archfiend deck user.

On the bright side, according to my dragons, Ruka put her foot down when Renji tried to put Reira on the tournament, citing that there's minimum age requirement and Reira didn't pass it. Kind of hypocrite when the twin enters their Fortune Cup at tender age of 11, but, well, maybe that's why she put age restriction?

(I would never understand what was in Reiji's mind when he put Reira on this stage. While trying to make them break out of their shell is an admirable goal, forcing an unwilling kid into tournament where accident could very much happen does not justify it!

Zarc and Ray are very much disgusted when they know about Reiji's plan. To say nothing of how apoplectic Yuya and Yuzu almost become.)

"I don't understand." Yuto brought me out from my daydreaming of strangling Reiji, "why they are treating it as if Gongenzaka is... you know?"

"Long story short," Ren answered, "at every opening of the tournament, one poor participant will be pulled as... opponent for Jack Atlas in Exhibition Duel. This is to showcase how powerful the King is."

And crush the confidence of the challengers so he keeps on the top, without a doubt.

I wonder if Jack knows about it and let it happens, or if he's completely oblivious to the whole purpose and think this was his chance to know how good the challengers are.

Eh. Fifty-fifty.

"It was not that bad, right?" Yuzu asked, concern written all over his face.

None of the locals dare to answer that question.

"Right?" she repeats, desperate.

The silence was damning in itself.

"...it... would be the best for you to see it by your own eyes." Another participant whose name I don't know of, offers to us.

The main room has giant TV so we can watch it together, but individual room was also equipped with their own tv projector, connected with the camera that livestreaming the whole tournament. It was for those who prefers privacy.

We pick front row seats, since Gongenzaka is one of us.

"Now it's the time for long anticipated duel!" The announcer declared right after we turned on the giant tv. "But first, let's activate Field Spell. In addition, from now on rules will be changed. Action Field—" she paused. "What's that?"