Intermission: Crossing Over

"So... Lancers?"

"Yeah." I nodded. "And I don't know how long it takes, or if I would ever return, therefore, allow me to resign from this job." I bowed.

"Hey, no need to be so formal." Sagiri-san tried to joke. "You're basically going on as hero. Who am I to stop you?"

"My workplace's boss?"

"Ha ha. Very funny. Seriously, you don't have to be all formal. I get it. Things are at stake."

I was relieved she's understanding. Maybe because she, too, is a duelist and participant of the Championship, knocked out in first round but still a participant. That had she passed all the way to final round, she would be drafted as well.

"I just surprised the UN or at least the Prime Minister didn't raise a stink over it. The whole shitbang show is not exactly private affairs, you know?"

Considering the shits humans have been up for years? Better if they don't. I don't know what would happen if authority get involved, and I don't want to know.

"Well, then, I'll be off. Pray for my success and keep on guard. Who knows if those stubborn morons send second wave or something."

"That goes without saying, ain't it?"

I look back at the bakery and let out a somewhat bitter smile.

I don't work here for long. I only work here for cash, but damn, it was somewhat fun. A normalcy amidst the craziness.

Though I could do without that customer who orders a cake, didn't giving info afterwards, and showed up saying she's come to get it out of blue, giving us all heart attack.

Thank goodness the cake was ready.

I already send my resignation letter to my other workplace, clean up the apartment and end the contract with the landlord. Some stuff I buy, I stashed at unused room in You Show. Therefore, when I march to LDS Tower, I only carry clothes on my person, my duel disk and deck, and some extra cards stashed in card holster, and a duffel bag.

"Finally! What takes you so long? And what with that bag?" someone exclaimed, probably Sawatari.

"I need to take care some things." I replied and look around.

It was kind of sad that only few truly equipped themselves for what may come. As in, brought supplies in case something happens.

We were given three days break, folks, why don't you prepare yourself better than just going with clothes on your back and your deck?

I approached my unofficial-official wards and find Sora was staring at his cards. Huh?

"What's wrong with him?" I ask.

"Master Yuya and Yuzu give him some new cards. Calling it a Welcome Back gift." Answered Odd Eyes

"It's a liiiiiitttle incentive for him to less likely to turn on us, again." Smiled Zarc. Ray just rolled her eyes exasperatedly.

"Only him?"

The duo look at each other.

"Well," Yuya begins, "I did slides some to Yugo's deck before he gone. He said he will wait for us in Synchro Dimension." Ah, so that's why he wasn't here.

"Kurosaki is being stubborn and I had a Look to make him accept his—seriously, does he any ideas how many hours I spent brainstorming and meditating?" Yuzu huffed. "At least Yuto accepts his and thanking us for it."

They make it? How... ah. Magic.

That explains why they seems a bit tired.

Yugioh Protagonist tends to make new cards amidst duel, when cornered. It was seemingly an ass pull from outsider's perspective, but doing so means they were riding on adrenaline high, and thus less likely to be tired until the adrenaline goes down and crashes hard on them. usually after the duel is over.