Interlude: Sora

"He's a jerk."

Sora sip his soda and nodded. "Yep. That's Edo Phoenix for you."

"You're not even going to try and contradict me?" Kaito questioned.

"I was his pupil." Sora jerked his chin to Edo, who casually engaging Yuzu in a chat, all while dodging flying projectiles thrown at him. Courtesy by enraged and traumatized Xyz rebels. "I know what a jerk he can be. There's a good reason I flipped my shit off during the Championship."

"After I be—"

Sora splashed the remaining content on Kurosaki's face.

"Last time I failed in the dueling test, he hid my deck, gave me a random deck he structured from several random pack boosters, and made me duel him." Sora shuddered at the memory. "I refuse to suffer that ever again."

"In my defense," Edo called out, "I have a shitty week and taking it out on you!"

"What kind of bad week you take it out on Sora?" Yuzu shouted.

"The kind that I have to run some interference lest that hellhole get even worse, 'No Professor you can do this because this is detrimental to students' health' 'No sir, you can just pluck some students as subject tests' 'Yes sir, we are going to buy medical supplies in bulks because we run through them like no tomorrow' 'Even this is a military school, these kids need a fucking rest so revamp those lesson schedule!' and 'no those are not ethical and pretty sure breaking war international treaties and just because you're not at war with your own students—or you say, soldiers, doesn't mean you can enact them' I swear every trash they spew out murder my braincell! I literally lose sleep over thinking about those idiots and what kind of hell they gonna unleash. In fact, the first thing I did after arrived in Xyz dimension was to crash and sleep for twenty hours straight and cause the invasion to be delayed for another two days than its supposed schedule!" He sighed. "It's the most rest I had after months taking power naps instead of actual sleep."

Everyone stares.

"Are you saying you are the voice of reason? You?" Kaito questioned.

"Because ninety-nine percent of the adults are either sociopath or psychopath." Deadpanned Edo. "I have to fund that trash of a hellhole so that I have powerful seat in the School Boards. Pretty sure it was a waste of money anyway considering I had to harangue them to get some basic necessity done."

Sora thinks back at how even the teachers are very respectful towards Commander that they basically let him do as he pleased, bending backward at his requests, and how Commander has a private suite.

Well. Now he knows why.

"That doesn't change the fact you carded people!"

Edo turned to the one who said that.

"I'd like to inform you that while Academia demands a certain 'Quota' to be filled," his voice is full of disgust when he said quota, "I never carded any of you. I usually cards the worst of soldiers—"

"You card your own soldier?"

"I thought I'd told you that I was never on Akaba Leo's side?" Edo huffed. "That and those soldiers are psycho and fuck ups in the head. They're a danger to society."

"How come no one know you carded your own soldier?" Kaito asks.

"Uh, duh. Photoshop exists. Like, there's bunch of hi-tech computer in that tower that I can use once I get pass the clearance usage." Edo stared at him like he's saying something stupid. "That's how I fill the Quota, anyway. For some reason, so long they get faint energy, no one questioned if the ones I send are Fake Card-Person or the Real deal. It's like painting a rock with gold paint."

"Wait!" Sora objected. "Wait a minute! That works? Like, sending fake ass card from screenshot picture works?!"

"Weird, right? One would expect they double check the stuff, but hey, I'm not complaining." Edo shrugged with impish smile. "I know they lied about me about promise to make Academia better for the students, so this is my payback."

Sora will say it.

Edo Phoenix is the sassiest shit he ever met and Obelisk damn it he want to learn that art of trolling!