Withered Rose part 2

Stupid Yuri.

Stupid, Stupid Yuri. Learn something about self-restraint, will you?!

"You were called by the Professor."

I glanced at the soldier who address me.

"Me?"

She nodded.

"...why?"

"Do not question the order. Just go and see the Professor."

What a goddamn drone.

"Give me a few more minutes," I told her while pressing the ice pack to the bruises. Once I am done giving first aid to the bruises, I snatch a new helmet and follow her to where the Akabaka is.

Why did Akabaka call for me? Is it about how I manage to hold my forte against Yuri, even for a little longer than the rest? Did he notice that I sneak into the system and accessed top-secret files? Corrupt government like him doesn't like someone spoiling his plan ahead the schedule.

"Milady"

Would he carded me? No. I'll just dodge out of the way and knees him in the gut if that's what he's planning.

Wait. What if he planned to-no. no no no no no. I refuse to entertain that thought.

"The Professor is waiting inside."

Okay. Okay calm down. It was... it was probably a false alarm anyway. No need to panic. No nEed to pANic!

"I think the more you tried to convince yourself, the more panicking you are!"

Sssshhh!

I push the way too big and useless door and stepped inside.

It... is a goddamn throne room.

Why am I not surprised? Oh right. Because for all this place is called "Academy", it was actually a mockery of Supreme King Castle. I mean, a tall castle on an island with unfriendly cliffs? Check. Foreboding sinister atmosphere? Double-check that. Dog-eat-Dog system? Duh.

I cannot believe I was thinking it was something like a normal headmaster's office. How stupid of me.

"Welcome to Duel Academy... Floren Briar."

!!!!

"Sir. I think you mistaken me for someone else. That is not my name." I replied while hoping my nervousness isn't bleeding to my voice. Feeling cold sweat under my borrowed uniform.

Calm down my heart, calm the FUCK DOWN! Beating fast and hard is NOT helping my case here!

"There is no need to keep on pretense anymore." Fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK IT! "There is a fundamental proof of it. Such as this."

The screen behind him lights up and shows... fucking hell! Is that MY FACE when Yuri cracked the helmet?!!!

I'm so going to hurt that cabbage.

"There's also this."

What the-is that my old Duel Disk?! The one that I deliberately destroyed and then throw away upon gaining Fusion Dimension's standard duel disk?! How did he get it?!

"It was a curiosity that Standard Dimension's Duel Disk can be among the trash. Restructuring it was not a problem, however. All that's left is cross-check the information database."

I twitched. How comes he shows his intelligence NOW?! Isn't Academia supposed to be filled with idiots whose brain has holes as much as Swiss cheese?! The smarter one is supposed to defect, because if you're smart, you should know that what Akabaka attempted is a Monkey's Paw!