Friendship Cup Day 4: The Wind, the Crow, the Cyborg, the Cruel Destroyer

I see this one coming. Really. It was just eight duelists left to duel, so it's obvious who gonna go and be monkey show for Tops today.

Though...

"Is it necessary to be escorted?" Even the piss-posh Tops commented the treatment we were given, being escorted into the Arena from the Housing complex via a van, with our duel runners in moving truck behind.

"It's a precaution." Council Lass replied.

"Precaution for what?"

Instead of verbally answering, she pointed to the side and,

Ah

Okay

I get it.

When you got Infamous criminal, one who deserving the title, as duel mates, cautiousness is warranted.

Who could guarantee that the big guy won't crashed onto us and claim it was accident?

"Why is he a participant again?" Redhead next to me begin to complains. "Whose bright Idea was it?"

He got a point.

Who has the "bright" idea to include a criminal notoriously known to crush their opponent? And by crushing, I don't mean in duel only, but literally attempt roadkill on opponent.

"Roget."

I deadpanned. "You need better Security Head."

She rolled her eyes exasperatedly. "Trust me, Crow, if I had my way, he won't be in any seat of power." She replied bitterly. "One meeting alone and you know he's power hungry. If he doesn't haveany takeover plan, I eat my duel disk."

One, don't know City Council member can talk roughly like common. Two, why she call me by name as if we known each other for years, and it doesn't irritate me since she's clearly a Topsider? Third, she duels? Thought all Council were lazy asses.

Guess you learn new thing.

"How's Roget become Head of Security Sector?" the one eye kiddo—holy shit, that's Ren? Holy FUCK! I thought he's retired!—asked.

"Copious amount of bribery, bootlicking, and series of unfortunate accidents that befall his predecessor." In other word, sabotages. "Any other question? No? then chop chop. The sooner we get to it, the sooner this hullabaloo ends."

We were pushed into Minivan, and there's security on guard.

Just in case.

Even though I know it was more of The Crusher and less of because of me, I still feel bitter.

Fuck.

I just want to protect the kids. Not become some kind of shitty circus show!

Ugh... are the kids ok? They aren't get harassed right? What about food? What did they eat? Granted Yuya brought some instant prepackaged food—he come prepared for long ass trip, thank fuck, but some of it need to be cook! God, please don't tell me the kids burned down the place trying to cook! That's dangerous!

"Everyone, while we are on the way, there is something I need to show you." Lass turned on the screen—I bet the cost of this vehicles could feed the kids till Autumn—and it displayed the name of contestants.

Yugo vs Jean 

Crow Hogan vs Toby Tredwell 

Lucciano vs Broder 

Ren vs Sergey

Cue me and others turned to the poor one-eyed bloke.

I know that bloke had most unfortunate luck running across the crusher, and ended up in surgery that left him blinded in one eye and made him take hiatus from dueling circuits.